Friday, June 9, 2023

On This Day - (9th June) #Reminders from FB#


9th June 2022

I should have a book titled "collection of 1001 funny things my daughter said"

Sometime in 2007 :

Overheard Athena saying "fish it" when she dropped something on the floor. I wanted to ignore her but can't help but ask her "what did you say?"

"Fish it"

"Fish what?"

"I drop something so I say fish it lor...."

Before you roll off the floor in laughter, she meant to say "oh shit!" - which I often did and she was trying to follow me.


*************************************

From my blog dated 15th Sep 2007


Athena overheard my conversation with Alyse (who out of concern called to see if l've escaped with Aricia to the big field on Wednesday when the tremors were felt) and then she started asking me

"mummy what shake? " "Why the eas (earth) shake?"

"How come our house shake?" "Then why you call

Aunty Zet?" "Our house got collapse?" Asked her if she is happy if it did, she gave me a smile.... probably she'll be too happy that she can stay in Tampines without finding any excuses.

When we were in TM's toilet, she repeated the same question over and over again. And then she started with "how did it happen?" Oh my! I explained to her about the tectonic plates and she stared at me

"plates?" "Yes, plates just like our plates. We put them together and then rub them together; they shake and there's earthquake." Stupid me with stupid comparison. Then she asked me "how come

Singapore no earthquake?" I was getting fed up with her question. Encouraged her to ask question, but when she did feel like shutting her mouth up.......coz' I couldn't pee....

Next day (Thursday) after school, she told me

"mummy, I told my children the eas (earth) shake becoz our plates rub together if never hold properly."

"Did your friends understand what you said?" "no.. but I know why" pause awhile "mummy why the eas shake? What is earthquake?" - there she goes again. 


******************************


From my blog dated 24th Jan 2007


Misinterpreted

I speak to Athena in an adult manner, using some words which adults use. (so hoping she'll speak in an adult way) All the time she understands me until recently.

On Sunday, we were on our way home after the Mozart concert. She was trying her luck to get me to bring her go gai-gai. No luck! I told her "It's late now, and you have school tomorrow. We'll talk about it next time." Immediately the girl started crying "why you tell me talk next time? I haven't finish talking now, you tell me talk next time. I haven't finish my sentence." * uh? * For obvious reasons she didn't understand me. Duh!

Today, she was hopping and wanting to run to the aisle which we needed to head to in the supermarket

- but yet she was delayed with this Ah-soh (me) walking so slow. Naturally I told her "Athena you can go ahead." "Orr..

....you tell me to go to my head."

*slap my own head *

So how? Speak to her in child-like sentences??



9th June 2021

Dinner time - all eating tapao food and all with laptops outside. Me - transferring pics from phone to laptop. Girls - watching their own shows


9th June 2021

Just coz the girls were craving for uncle wanton noodle.

Lil' one and me ended up in PP to do a quick grocery run n drop by my So Pho before going over to Uncle wanton.


Greedy me. So wanting to eat everything that I packed So Pho and slice beef soup from PP. And a double portion pork chop from western stall at Roxy.

Ehh…...it's like for my lunch n dinner and maybe tmrw's lunch (haha!) coz I double portioned everything. just want to eat everything! Feeling like a 🦖. Must make my trip to MParade worth it!

The only thing I didn't pack back from there is kimchoo dumpling n che-che's açai (becoz too bad only 2 pax permitted outside now. Plus she followed me on most trips, so I promised lil' one I'd bring her out today for a while. She was really happy 😃 .)



Satisfied!

They can't wait for dine in to be allowed




9th June 2013

My human owner is bringing me back to her country.

Ehh…... But I'm not taking my country airline. sob sob... I will miss my country.

Bye bye mama, bye bye papa.


9th June 2010

We left for yet another trip to China. This time to a more scenic route. 

- 中国-南宁,桂林,阳朔.


The kids brought along their new toy. Brother bought for girl as a reward for doing well in her exam.

Athena's Sparkle (bigger one) and Aricia's Snuzzle































No comments: