Wednesday, June 21, 2023

On This Day - (21st June) #Reminders from FB#

21st June 2021

You hardly see this done locally so it was a surprise when a gentleman knocked on my door. Such a sweet gesture from a new neighbour, as an apology for inconveniencing us with noise as they will commence renovation tomorrow.

I think I should also give something to my neighbours for enduring the girls' noise level all these years.🤣

还也还不够咯!😂



21st June 2019

Somebody (lil' one) can't sleep at all. She came into the room at 11+ eyes wide open . I can still hear her moving around in the room now. Hubby laughed at her and commented "this girl drank a venti coffee and refused to share with me. Good lah! Cannot sleep"

Should make her security guard n walk in compound.

#nightduty#


21st June 2018

Girls looked forward to this for a very long time.

Had to prepare the buttercream a day in advance, while they were sleeping I was perspiring in the kitchen. Goodness! I can't even remember when was the last time I baked!

One wants cake; the other cut cookies. Can you guess who wants what?


Footnote written in 2021 : 


To think that I had so many ideas on what I want to bake during this period where I hv no tutors coming into the house (which makes it difficult). Nothing is done so far and unlikely I will do it for this last week. I can't eat, man don't like bakes, the girls cut down on bakes for quite some time already. Since I have no guinea pigs then I shall not bake.


21st June 2018


One hour plus later.....


che-che crumb coating her cake 


First batch


And she is doing her second batch coz it isn't enough for one batch



Che-che’s first attempt in …..


Drip cake. She meant drip front and back. Haha! She didn't hold the bag properly and the rests fell from the top backwards



Yah yah got drip down technically. See! Drip down so much!!



Whole time she was laughing at her failed attempt. I thought it looked more like pandan cake. But she used the blue colouring!! Then she commented hers is like a failed mirror glaze cake.

End product. She didn't use all the toblerone. But now it looks like a dinosaur's head (Oreos are eyes )

Not bad for a first attempt.

Ahem...there's a huge chunk of white chocolate in the middle.



21st June 2014


Arrived a big box, containing our favourite ramen.

The last time I gave a pack to Mr Teo, our postman, to try. He said it's really very nice. The Singapore ones don't taste as good as these.



21st June 2011


Lil' girl was so comical yesterday (as ever). She took one Malay storybook at the library and proudly told her sister "I can read this." We laughed at her n her remarks was "oh yah hor! I'm so stubborn."


21st June 2010


KZ's not home 2day.Apparently some problem with her departure card, the immigration linked problem 2

her income tax. Said not paid prior 2 returning 2

Myanmar. Explained tt she tried but the Embassy in SIN was closed 4 an undisclosed time prior 2 her home leave (and it's like very sudden - no notice. Not stated in their website also)

Should be back tomorrow. Pray hard! Aricia cried when we left the airport just now.






No comments: