Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Minor renovation works : Part 3 UNPACKING

A warning. Do not read this unless you’re superbly bored in need for an aunty ranting post. This is a very long post as it will take me from the start to the end of the mini renovations. As stated in the headline, it’s a timeline so I do have time-stamped entry too. This post is mainly for my records, therefore I’m documenting everything down.

2nd June (Fri)
Last box to clear so took my own sweet time. Woke up late.

Cleaned KitchenAid and coffeemaker. Hand washed the hello kitty glove n kitchen aid cover. 

Wanted to re-tape the drain properly, so unscrew the square cabinet portion that lay on top of the drain. OMG! How to flip the tile out? Seems like he cut the square exact size. If only I knew he was going to seal up that way, I would have pasted the masking tape over properly before he did the final touch-ups (actually I did cover all the holes lah! Which also means that there’s no way I can put in the anti-insect thing in this drain.) 

How I covered up the drain the previous time?
1) masking tape over the drain holes and perimeter
2) a cardboard over it and sealed all around
3) put the floor tile over it and sealed all around
4) laid a liner in the cabinet and sealed all around
5) seal up the opening on the side

Since I can't do much this time, I simply used a laminate to cover the side opening and tape it up. Okay..... I think the next time I re-seal this spot would be a year later.

Cut the plastic sheet to place the filter properly. They went out for dinner and I simply have no energy to go out anymore.

Cleared the box of items from Agiontex (will blog about this another time), haphazardly left the Iris Ohyama carpet cleaner in bomb shelter. I seriously need to re-tidy the storeroom again as I can barely move inside! And I think I should also do a stocktake and write down how many shampoo etc.. we have 

Left one box which contained the bento stuffs to sell. Will put in the bomb shelter first, maybe should I have a garage sale from my PES? Try to sell in PV before I post for sale in Carousell?    

Looking like a showroom. I love it! 


with the under lights, making the kitchen looking so classy. I thick-skinnedly said so. 



I don’t feel like putting the Click n Grow back, the empty space there is so nice. 



Tired, exhausted mentally and physically. I opened my matcha kit and whisked whisked whisked. I think the whisking is a stress-reliever

I knew hubby unboxed the new vacuum cleaner (not the newest model but one grade newer than our previous one. Wanted cheap mah.. as long as it serves its functions) and threw the old one away this morning while I was in my drowsy state of waking up (yah, he's super noisy when he's doing some work around the house. I think he's purposely trying to wake up his lazy wife). I only got the chance to use it much later in the evening. It’s lighter and slimmer, most importantly it can go underneath the kitchen cabinets. Used to not able to do so when the cabinets is at a lesser distance to the floor. I was told by the carpenter that there's a slight gradient to our kitchen floor (done deliberately) for water to flow downwards. 

I was telling hubby about the dustbin and he also had the same thoughts that having the dustbin hanging up off the hook will spoil the door, so we kinda agree not to put anything there anymore. So now have to find a suitable stand alone dustbin from Taobao or maybe not? Maybe just hang at the door handle?  

After shower, I ironed clothes in lil’ one’s air-con room. Clearing up the laundry rack from her room finally! 


3rd June (Sat)

At 1+am, che-che was still awake and HUNGRY. She had problem turning on the stove. I turned on the gas handle in the cabinet, heard the hissing and smelt gas. Tried to ignite the stove but it didn't work. Tried twice and decided not to risk my life; getting my beautiful face burnt. 

However, as her noodles was already soaked in hot water we used the travel cookpot. It's so hilarious lor..... got kitchen but cannot cook 😂


Didn’t do anything today as nothing left to unpack. Needed the rest terribly. Woke up late. Basically just watched Netflix, eat chocolates, eat, drink. I even took a 15mins Power Nap! Booked hotel

Hubby unknowingly packed prawn noodles for lil' one and wanton soup for che-che. So it's trusty cook pot to the rescue again. Haha! 


Thinking if I should order something to organize under the sink but really did nothing ..Netflix all the way today. I think I'm just sick and tired about thinking about the house now. Ay no! I did wipe the laundry rack, it's so dusty! 


4th June (Sun)
Woke up late even later at 12pm. On the dot somemore 😂. Can't fault me coz I'm really so so tired. 

Tidied the bomb shelter, got rid of the tins of paints. Made a few trips to recycle boxes, threw away bulky items. The girls helped to move more bags of items to the Salvation Army to the car, I’m lazy to post them for sale in Carousell. 

3.20 finished tidying the bomb shelter. Still looking messy but ah-nia is so tired. Can the family stop buying stuffs and mess the bomb shelter? 



3.50 showered and finally had my first meal 

Filled up rice bins. Oh my! The rice bin can’t fill up the whole 5kg packet of rice. 


5th June (Mon)
Hubby sent lil' one to school today, it's her last exam paper. I picked her up around 10plus, intending to bring her to :
1) do some apparel shopping 
2) drop by pharmacy to get new Repalyte and isopropyl alcohol for home
3) change NT

6th June (Tue)
Wah….what’s the problem with hungry che-che? Suddenly craving to eat egg. My dear girl didn’t even know the travel cookpot is such a wonder item. Haha! Her mother can anyhow fry rice, do dunno what soup what dessert during my ala-squat days. 

butter fried scrambled eggs

Tidied the messy tea-bags drawer. No before pic as I had forgotten to take one. Here I am measuring and cutting this in the kitchen


doing a bit of  fixing and adjusting ; fixing and adjusting. Actually quite therapeutic lor....

a little neater. Wah! So many green tea bags! 

I love this separator, looks more sturdy. I bought a lot, intending to change the ones I put in mine and the girls’ drawers for undergarments. Will do that next time. 

Ironed some clothes, put them on the piano for lil’ one’s trip. I will pack her bag tomorrow. Rushed out of the house for her therapy. Initially had intended to relax in one corner in Starbucks but che-che wanted to walk around. So we went to this Nitori shop, I’ve actually seen this during one of the car rides in Japan. Wow! This is going to be my next favourite place after Howards Storage World (exited SIN many years back)

My paradise. Still cannot compare to The Container Store in the US but this is good. Will drop by again one day. I need to organize the below-kitchen sink cabinet. Che-che and I love one of the pillows there. 


I think I shall stop blogging about this for now. Once the last 2 spots are organized, I might post them in here. 










No comments: