Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Minor reno works : PART 4 (the fussy customer strikes)

Okay okay, I know I mentioned in my last reno blog that I will give you all poor readers a break.

Not much happenings with regards to the new kitchen or toilet after 6th June as I was preparing for lil' one's trip - packing her luggage for her and all. 

7th June (Wed)
The gas person came to connect gas. And he came late - timing was stated as 1.30pm to 3.30pm, but I couldn't wait any longer than 3.30pm as I need to send lil' one to school for briefing. Guess what? He came in at 3.37pm.   

However in the course of the days that followed, I did notice the water doesn't flow downwards into the basin stopper in the two toilets. I call it a design flaw. Messaged T and told him if the stone people can do something about this. I've paid so much money and I'm going to live the rest of my life in this house, I should rectify all problems first right? Not sure if I was such a yim-jim customer but I'm not talking about a $1000 reno package but one that costs $16K+, it has to be a better job done.  

I had to keep sweeping water down using my hands and like where can I wash my hands after doing that? wash in the basin and wet it again? 



So unsightly when you see stuffs stuck by the sides 

10th June (Sat) informed that the glass people will be coming by on Tuesday (2pm - 4pm) to change the rubber seal. 

12th June @ 11.06am informed that the photographer will come on Thursday 11am. WHAT?! I’m going to miss FightDo again. Haiz…… 
@ 12.40pm the glass people came when I left the house like 15mins ago. What the heck? They said between 2pm - 4pm! Before I left the house, I told hubby to help me just incase I don't come back in time, but I will definitely be back before 2pm. I didn’t know hubby left the house for lunch so asked them to come back. 
Oh! And this time round guardhouse didn't allow them to enter the premises, maybe coz the renovation permit notice expired. I had to call MA to ask for permission and then MA will inform them to let them in later. Woah! Why are they so strict all of a sudden? 
As I was on the phone with MA, I told him that I’ll be expecting another contractor this week as well but I’m not sure of the date. He was like “huh? Tomorrow? Oh! Today?” I think he’s all confused ๐Ÿคฃ. Guess it’s better to have it written in black and white so will do so when I get the confirmed date from T. 
@ 4.23pm : informed sink ppl will come by the next day between 1pm - 3pm for measurement. 

Wrote an email
Fortunately I still have their email address in my email address book (goes to show how much I’ve been complaining to them ๐Ÿ˜œ)


13th June 

I totally forgot to write the email the day before! At 10+am, I practically rushed through my email : 

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I would like to seek your permission to allow my contractors to enter the premises for some minor touch ups with my recent renovation at Blk xxx #xxxx

Today, 13th June, between 1pm - 3pm my contractor will be here to do measurement. About 4 to 6 days later, they will be back with the small items to glue into my new toilet basins. 
On 15th June, around 11am, a photographer from the ID will be coming by.
All these are last minute touch ups I had to do (the contractors were busy with other appointments so I couldn’t fit earlier appointment date) and the works will not in any way cause any noise disturbances or inconvenience to other neighbours at all. 

Please inform the guardhouse to allow them to enter the premises for the time being. Thank you for your kind understanding. 

Regards, 
xxxx

MA called and then asked if there’s any hacking etc.. it’s just a formality as they don’t want to be held liable for anything. After which he approved verbally and followed up with an acknowledgement email. 

@ 12.38pm : Guys came to measure the sink. It's not the ไบ”ๅไบ”ๅ uncle anymore.

Was talking to the 2 guys and said why don't the company do curve sink (as shown in this pic). He said it can only be done with solid surface, quartz cannot. Don't understand. People can change the mold cutter can't they? 


Huh? So does it mean that all homeowners who chose to do integrated quartz sink will have to see this weird slope? Looks like a washboard without the ridges, right? So I was thinking if I had not left any space at the end edge (where cabinet doors are), maybe the slope will not be that steep. But still it won't solve the problem at all. 
 
I was shocked when he told me that the height on the left and right side will be 3cm and gradient down to the basin stopper. 3cm! Then my basin macam no space like that! I paid so much for a HK-pigeon -home basin! I asked for 2cm or if anything lesser? He further explained that they will just put the thing down, will not glue it at all. Water will still drip inside to the bottom. WHAT?! Then water will still pond below, then what’s the point of doing the slope? I think these people really no common sense, told him no matter what must seal up any crevices. 
I asked if he has any photos of existing work done, he told me I'm not the only customer who complaint about this. "Then why the designer still do this? This is a design flaw if I'm not the only one complaining about this." The guys can only smile, afterall they are just the goslings whatever they say have no effect to the dumb designers and boss of the company.     
Did some changes in the toilet drain traps - only 3 so far as I was :
a) WD40 lubricant around the cover. Open it after 10mins of setting it.
b) cleaning the cover and spray unclogger solution into the drain
c) spray water into sewage pipe
d) put whatever anti-insect thingy
e) cover back the cover
f) dry the area
g) stick the mesh on cover to trap stray hairs 

The shower area is a small drain trap with a smaller hole so I only put in the anti-insect thing inside 
I really hope I won’t see anymore ๐Ÿชณand drain flies coming from the drain. 

Kindda difficult to open up the drain cover so I won’t be screwing back in. I had to use WD-40 to lubricate the cover and kiao out; cannot turn the cover anti-clockwise at all. 
I feel these drain thingy are my next best buy from ๆท˜ๅฎ after the kitchen sink ๐Ÿคฃ. 

After lunch with che-che at Heartland Mall, I dropped by CS to look for the Method Hand Gel. 

Can’t find the huge refill pack so got this Sea Minerals fragrance to try out. So nice smelling. Found out it’s a blend of bergamot, lemon + rosemary. No wonder I like the smell, all are my fav eo. 
It seems easy when I was reaching out an empty bottle to try to screw this back. I was challenged with a 300ml filled bottle, trying to reach thru the piping and removing all my Lock&Lock containers just to get a clear access to the area. 
Me thinking I won’t like it if I have to keep topping up every 300ml; possibly every 2mths? 1 mth? It’ll be such a hassle, so I need to find a solution. ็œŸๆ˜ฏ็š„ ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ’ญ 


14th June (Thu)
Aiyoh! Informed me last minute at 9.44am that photographer has something on and can’t come by. Why can’t inform me earlier? I can’t rush down for my class. Arranged for next Tuesday 19th. 

T came by to collect the rest of the payment - $2966. In total the bill came up to around $16 500. Wow! the price for just these few small areas?! 21yrs ago we spent around $22k for the whole house in Punggol, I wonder if we can probably do one more full length cabinet in one of the girl’s room with $22k in Year 2023? 

16th June (Sat)
The sink guys were not allowed in again, even tho they said it’s for visiting. Haha! With due respect it’s the same 2 guys the security guards will also know they’re contractors. Had to call guardhouse to allow them in coz my sink is leaking ๐Ÿ˜‚. Must bluff, make it sound serious so ….I’m such a drama Queen. 


I thought they will cut all the way down to make a semicircle for both side pieces’ ends. Haiz….trying to hold back myself. Hopefully it will solve the problem, if I fuss more I’ll be deemed the worst customer. I kept standing behind them to make sure they glue it for me. 

20th June (Tue)
Finally a sweet ending to this minor reno works.  
Photographer came by so much earlier 9.45am when I just woke up at 9.20am! I had to turn him away first coz house not ready; I’m not ready ๐Ÿ˜‚ - haven’t washed up yet. Asked him back half an hour later. 


After he left, put back the calendar on the fridge and the concave mirror for fengshui purpose. Now seriously considering if I should put the Click n Grow back. I’m beginning to like this empty space but I really need to have a plant there. 

Maybe this is a better solution? ๐Ÿ˜œ









No comments: