Thursday, June 1, 2023

No more plastic wastage


Not that I’m that environmentally friendly to begin with 😜. 

Anyone who has a piano at home, knows that it’s a pain in the neck to not only ensure the heater is on but also to put in 🐜 repellent and moisture absorber. I do have to change it out very often and it costs a lot of $$ - to such extent that I had to change from hippo brand to NTUC home brand. 

Saw this online and decided to give it a try. What attracted me to this brand are the fragrance beads. I always dream of walking into our walk-in wardrobe with fragrance emitting. I open drawers and floral smell greets me. So will these provide my needs? I will be back again to give my reviews. 

The empty containers where 


you start filling them up
and then you wait and wait for water collection. 
Dispose the water; clean the container and throw in new beads. 

Fragrance 

Chose lavender, sakura and ocean breeze refills. They come in huge packs of 5kg. (Each pack can be refilled 18x) The weight of the 6 refill packs and containers weigh heavier than lil’ one 😂. I struggled to push the box into the house. A little disappointed with the minute hint of smell - need to stick my nose closer to smell it. 


Got these as well.  



put these at the same time. Within 2 weeks the hanger types were filled with water whereas not much “action” from the containers

*edit - picture taken on 3rd July. This is from the 1st change (second pack from 1st June)

 
* edit - picture taken on 3rd July. Only last week then started seeing some water collection

I wonder if the remaining refill in that huge ass pack is still intact. Kindda worried if I didn’t push out all the air properly and spoil the rests of the pack. Really need to check on the refill. If it spoils, then I should refill 18 containers at one go and 没位放也随便放。
(Currently I’m using in total 13 containers. Namely 3 in different shoe cabinets, 1 in piano, 1 under kitchen sink, 1 in bomb shelter, 1 each in both toilets’ cabinet, 2 containers each for the girls’ wardrobe and 1 in our walk-in wardrobe)

On a positive note, I feel this can stretch my dollar 🤣. Thirsty Hippo’s and NTUC’s dehumidifier would have almost full water collected in 3 weeks! 







No comments: