Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Jipun planning looking more complete

An update since my last post on 2/6. 

I have not read her plan at all coz when I first opened the google doc, all I saw was everything crammed up and not with different fonts or underlined or colours or bullet points to segregate the plan. To make it simple it looks like a lump of words with paragraphs and no numbers. She's frustrated that she has to tell me to read so many times but I can't bear to look another second at the plan for now.

I'm going to be hands-off so she has to make sure that all planning are done properly, the whole onus is ON HER. Will she do a good job like me? Will she be a good time-keeper?   

Sleeping places booked
I followed some of her hotel recommendations, great that she's stayed within the budget but eventually I only booked 2 of her recommendations. As long as we have a roof over our head; non-smoking room, ensuite just incase we have bladder problem. 
Did the hotel bookings for both FUK and HIM on 4/6, HIJ on 7/6. When I was looking for hotels, I asked her if she wants to try capsule accomodation. I've seen it on Youtube before and it looks so interesting. I wouldn't ask the family to try this coz surely 2 others will start complaining and if we book x4 also not worth the penny. Thankfully she's up to it so I booked one capsule in one of the stops. 
I indulged for our accomodation in HIJ, cause the budget one (with a fantastic view) I've been eyeing is fully booked. sobs!  The hotels that che-che narrowed down only have 1 double bed which is very small. My goodness! Got 2 fatty bom boms leh! And room is 11sqm!! What the?! Tho it'll give us the excuse to leave the room and do more sightseeing; eat; shop but still coming back to an 11sqm room every night is a torture. It's smaller than my PES. I chose a hotel with 31sqm room with a King bed  - big enough we won't roll into each other's space on bed. So we saved with the capsule and indulged in this. Though I must admit I'm more excited and looking forward to the capsule. Only with che-che I can do this. 

These are the typical mattress size :
Single size : 97cm x 195cm
Double size : 140cm x 195cm
Queen size : 152cm x 195cm
King size : 180cm x 195cm    

Funny incident
On 9/6 (Fri),M, my Japanese girlfriend shared with me the happy news that she won the lottery tickets to the boyband concert. 
I confirmed with her which date to meet her (so I can plan the other day for another sightseeing day trip out of FUK). Reminded her not to get me my favourite raisin biscuit coz now I know where to find it, I'll buy it myself as I will bring home alot of boxes. I'm more concerned for her running around exerting herself in the process. She messaged me the box she got and said "running around done" I reminded her that we're coming in July not June and I hope that is not intended for me. No reply.
Come Monday, the 12/6, she first messaged me at 5.54am (6.54am Japan time) but I didn't read the message coz sleeping beauty still sleeping. She messaged again at 9.59am (10.59 Japan time). I woke up at 10.44am (11.44am) 

OMG! 
        
Further explained that she’s still in the morning clothes and she hasn’t even washed up/changed out coz waiting for my reply. So funny! But I feel so bad….. Luckily we haven't discussed about the time to meet just the date. Imagine if we did, she would have left the home for a wait in vain coz my plane ✈️ also haven't take off from SIN yet. 


Train tickets
Surely we can have it booked when we're there but I don't like to leave things last minute. I prefer to have a plan and follow through. 

Then the next question is "should we reserve seats?" July coincides with the long summer holiday and with the border opening up, there might be more tourists who’s been dying to get the Japanese hospitality. So I think making reservations will be safer.  "we have luggage, how?" I decided the extra money will give me the assurance for the train ride that I will be seated comfortably and not walking around cabins looking for seats.

Last question is "economy class good enough or should we indulge one long sector with a business class seat?" In the end, I think I shall save the money coz I do not want to end up digging my bra for extra 四房钱 money to spend during the trip.  

Wanted to book the train tickets on 4/6 but they only open a month before the travel date. So I tu-xi-gang until 13/6 and made a booking for all the 🚄 shinkansen rides. 

Printed the train reservation slips on 14/6

Why do we still need to receive the tickets?
Aiyah! To think that Jipun is quite technologically advance, why can't they let us print the tickets online like in Europe? Now must waste time to queue in the customer service to collect tickets.  

    

No comments: