Wednesday, November 1, 2023

On This Day - 1st Nov #Reminders from FB#

1st Nov 2020

When can I go back to concert halls? 🎶 

1st Nov 2019


Incident in the food centre as I was having my meal.

A young caucasian lady came along and put a card on the table, something about her being deaf and needed support. A while later, an old man came along with 3 packs of tissue selling them for $1. I gave him $2 and said it's ok I don't need the tissues at all. Thanked me and walked away. The lady came back to collect card, ignored her. She showed me 2 fingers, she must have seen me giving the old man $2 but I waved her off.

After that I thought:

  1. if I did the right thing?
  2. was it a good judgement on my part thinking that the old man needed more than the young lady?

Would u also give to the lady?



1st Nov 2019


Things never go to plan when the girls are around 🤣

Yesterday brought lil' one together with me for my class in the morning, and thought I'll have less than an hour after class end at 11am to buy her milk n few items, rush home to put milk n we take a really quick shower before picking che-che up at 12pm (overly ambitious with my plan). Then realised when class ended, I had 21 missed calls from che-che who ended school at 10+. What!! Cannot buy milk as would be out the whole day, so went to pick che-che up from school immediately.

Initial plan was to eat at Raffles City (craving for pasta) n coz I needed to buy lil' one's books at Bras Brasah, I needed to drop by Art Friend too.

Then I had to sit at such a "nice seating" looking out and saw it was a rare cloudy day at that time. Itching to go for a walk cum slow jog. Plus I was still in my gym wear so feeling energetic. So I suggested to the girls but then we remembered che-che needed to get something for her upcoming trip, so we went over to Adidas in MBS. Ended up running abit of shopping errands. What happened to trip to Bras Brasah? 😜

We then proceeded to GBB coz got free parking lor!

And since route is straightforward, I know I won't spend too much time taking pictures. We realised we had to leave in an hour's time when we started 5mins into the walk so decided to walk to Barrage instead n turn back. We can do the usual longer route next time. I kept urging them to jog but they were walking slow behind me and talking in soft voices. Until I told them, whoever reaches a place last (pointed to them where it was. About 100m or more), that person will have to give the rests of us dinner treat. I cheated, I started running before I said "go" 😚). The stingy che-che ran for her life and overtook me. I never knew she could run that fast! Thank you Aricia! After that we were all panting away. The scene before that: three crazy girls running, laughing n screaming along the way.

The girls obliged for a few pictures at Barrage and then we made our way back to the car to next destination.

Now my knee's aching. Goash! Seems like I can't jog coz l'll be in pain after that. Tried n tested. No problem if I walked throughout. Signs of old age. I need to take glucosamine 了!



Footnote written in 2020 : Never plan too much of your 'errands trip' when u hv kids around. It will nvr go according to plan 🤣

My stingy poker che-che can run so fast. That was so funny. And a screaming lil' one behind "wait for me…... I cannot run…..wait for me……..mummy…Cheche…..." If only she conserved her energy screaming into running 😂 #preciousmomentswiththegirls#


When nobody's looking





1st Nov 2018

Winding down to the weekends


****************************************
1st Nov 2015

Last Friday, I had some in-between kids shuttling time so decided to head to lil' one school and

"chope" a parking place alongside the road. Just as I was walking towards the gate from the car I spotted her walking. I observed her & walked 'alongside' her.

At the gate I saw how she looked at the "line of Manhunts and Mrs". Imagine her joy when she least expected it, her mother waving to her. As we walked back to the car, I asked her if she was still hoping that I greeted her at the gates. She said yes, she really love it and if I can do it again.

But that means I have to leave house earlier to

"chope" place when those precious minutes would have otherwise enabled me to do some housework.

Hmm.....



1st Nov 2015

*Joleen tagged me in her FB post *


Thanks to Auntie Lily Ann Teo... Our very 1st Halloween and Trick-treating session was a Blast!!

Bleah bleah bleah




1st Nov 2015

*tagged in bro’s photos in FB 

They took photos of me being so busy with the registration. It’s a one-man-show. When I went to the gathering place, everyone was waiting for me 🤣 coz I was carrying so many things. 
a) marking attendance. Sticking their names on them so we all know how to address the kids, and not “ah boy boy , ah girl girl”. Then gave them a favor. 
b) passed the list to the assigned leader in each group. By default, I put the oldest kid as the leader so they know where to go. Every group list is customised to where they’re suppose to start. 
c) some warming up with Halloween music to loosen them up, took a group pic and then sent them their way. 
All the while I didn’t even managed to get to know the parents’ names. 

As the estate is pretty new with new neighbours, I had to group the children as we need access card for that block to gain access into the block. It took a lot of planning as I had to ask the parents if they are following and their kid’s name. So in each group, I try to have children from different blocks so they will have access into the 7 blocks in the case there’s no access, I put the highest level as the default to call on the intercom to let them in. And why in groups? Coz I can’t have the kids going at different timing. 
And I planned in such a way that all the groups start at different blocks. 
























1st Nov 2014

Our _th (I lost count how many) Halloween

The Dracula without the sharp fangs. The Little Red Riding Hood whose dress just got shorter and shorter.

We started out late today coz' lil' one has her ballet class.



Not many pictures this year coz' I keep taking their backs. ARGH! They're too fast for me (or maybe I was too slow)




The people around us ....



Decorations, only some houses.

The big cat - that seems to alternate between on car, porch rooftop every year.

We didn't cover alot of places coz' by the time we started trick treating it was already close to 7pm + lil' one is extremely tired after her almost 3hrs ballet lesson.



Saw these two kids squatting on the road and comparing their treats. So cute!


Oh! Just as we were leaving. Spotted Senior Red Riding Hood and her handsome Wolf.

Spotting couple!


Remember this? This was Halloween 2011, you can find it in my photo albums here.


Top: che-che's treats

Middle : lil' one's treats

Bottom: to be given away to lil' one's friends on Monday





1st Nov 2014
Aha! Che-che shed some light on the Bowling CCA.. she said they do it only this year coz of the decreasing number of members. Apparently it's for those who failed in whatever audition they went. Gave them this last option of a niche CCA.
Ahh....... no wonder ... was thinking how the heck my skinny girl can pass the trials.
Anyway, she continued ranting to me she wanted Dance so it shall be Dance for her.

*********************************************

1st Nov 2013
Can't imagine the year have gone by so quickly. Last year, this time, we were excited in her new schooling milestone. Next year, she's going to be a 姐姐 to the P1s.


*********************************************

1st Nov 2013

tagged in J’s photo

Friends: Count Dracula, Harry Potter & Alice In Wonderland

31 October 2013




1st Nov 2012

いただきます!


1st Nov 2012

Lost wandering ghost spotted at McDonald's typing this. Post-Halloween - the ghost is still out. Haha! So tired!!! Dark rings under eyes


1st Nov 2010
Shiok! Spent day packing/throwing things in study room in the morning.  
Came home with kids and relax!!! Hmm.. Will relax only a few days, music practical exam this month. Sigh...

1st Nov 2010

*added photos in “In The Mood - Halloween” album


Prepared some pretzels

Footnote written in 2021 : In 2010 -

when I was younger and had so much energy to prepare favours to bluff little kids


Packed


On 28th October


Lil' pirate going to pirate school. Her idea of being a fierce- looking pirate is to stick out tongue.


The one and only student in costume.



In the morning.


Ahoy mate! I'm going home!!


For her Shichida classmates



29th Oct- prepared this...


Spider oreo @ last minute. Forgot to print out template to prepare bento


1st Nov 2010

*added photos to my Halloween 2010 album

Kids @ home. Getting ready

Footnote written in 2020 : 2010 - Smiley cleopatra n sulky jessie




Kids given their goodie pack.


Looking through their bag


Cute kids

Group 

Ready, Get set, GO!





1st Nov 2010 

Footnote written in 2021 : Outside primary school gate. While waiting to pick che-che up from school, I saw these 2 mummies Cindy Soh and Rosemarie all dressed up. They had permission from the school to give to the girls, we didn't have permission but since she was in costume for nursery, I made her give candies to the big che-ches too.


Footnote written in 2021 : Such sporting parents to dress their kids up


1st Nov 2009

*tagged in MH’s photos


1st Nov 2009

The She-devil is here.



Quickly dressed Aricia in the car after her rehearsal


She was suppose to be a vampire. Then she wanted the headband and pitchfork .... I dunno what she is



Getting ready in the carpark


Do you know who they are?







Checking out her sweets

Footnote written in 2020 : 2009 - Cutey pirate looking n smelling her candies

1st Nov 2009

There wasn't any celebration in the school at all.

Nevertheless asked Teacher M for permission to let my girl wear her costume and help to give out sweets to the whole school.

Aricia said she enjoyed it.


She was really excited when she saw her bucket full of sweets.

She knew that those sweets belong to her friends and didn't mind giving them away.

Quite fun actually!

Footnote written in 2020 : My lil' witchie witch









My little girl attends "Witch School".

She's learning that R stands for Rat - that goes into her cauldron


Footnote written in 2020 : The year - 2009. In MMI.

Like it's my school like that, I sukat sukat let child wear costume to school. #isettheschoolrules# #theywereyoungonce#


Add a little more colour to my rat, so it'll be more tasty. Ummmm….












No comments: