Friday, November 3, 2023

From ✈️ 🍲 with ❤️ to ✈️ with 😡 - Part II

A follow up since my last post dated 19th Oct

20th Oct
A message from them after I informed that PN submission is done. 

“ Hi XXX, thanks for waiting. We hope that the submission of the prior notice was smooth!

Yes, we have faced a few rejected shipments due to the failure to provide the information required by FedEx. This resulted in a returned shipment charged at 1.5x on top of the shipment cost. (Borne by you as the shipper)”

Me thinking 🤔. WHY THE HECK YOU KEEP STRESSING THE 1.5x shipment borne by me? You think having returned goods to us the stress is the money but it’s the inconvenience! 

I wasn’t really pleased so returned them a message :

“This information was not disseminated to me too! I only knew the FDA PNotice had to be filled up by us only when I realised the items waiting for clearance. 

So you must know the panic I felt when I don’t even have the details (manufacturers etc..) with me and had to trace back the various supermarkets where I got hold on some items (esp the Japanese pdts) to snap photos. Only did for those which I couldn’t find any information online. 

If I had known all these beforehand, I would have submitted them in sooner.”

Me thinking and you, the reader, will realize the onus is really on them to pass information to us properly. That if there is any return goods, it’s definitely not my fault! I did another check thoroughly on all ingredients and didn’t even send anything with chicken extract or essence, not one tiny cell or trace at all. I can’t say much about me sneaking in bak kwa into NYC for Richard đŸ¤ŖđŸ¤Ŗ.

JS assured that they will ask FedEx for PN submission extension. 

Hello?? Were you listening to me? I said I already submitted the PN!!! 😤 OMG! 


23rd Oct

Hi Lily, thank you for waiting. We've informed Fedex of the prior notice - we'll continue to monitor the shipment and let you know if any further details are required!

As it is my heart is palpitating from anger now. 


25th Oct 

Hello Lily! Fedex has informed us:

"Kindly provide Manufacturer full name and address for the noddle."

我įš„夊啊!I submitted them all in. There’s no mistake on my part for sure, so sent in photos of what I had submitted online (lucky I screenshot every single detail. Now my phone has so many rubbish photos in camera roll.) for the 2 instant noodles and the packaging manufacturer details from the photos I took in NTUC.


27th Oct (Fri)

Messaged that they had processed a refund of $160.75. 

Kum sia ah... $160.75 to buy a chocolate cake —> increase dopamine level = a little happier. Maybe this is the happier news, which is not for long coz then came message #2 and #3 as bad things comes in pairs. 

End of the day I’ve spent $297.80 to make myself angry and go thru shit. 

Another message : 
Hi Lily! So sorry to trouble you, but could we check if you would be able to provide us a copy of the prior notice that was filed? :)

Heng this aunty everything also cover own backside. Saved the pdf in laptop so I don’t have to wait until che-che wakes up to ask her for the verification code which changes everytime anyone logs into the FDA Interface account. 

Message #3 to make me even more gek-sim 
So sorry to trouble you Lily - but we would need to provide a revised invoice to Fedex. We'll be able to come up with the invoice on our end but we would require some additional details. 

Could you kindly provide the quantity and value of the following items: 

Seaweed furikake 
Warabi mochi 
Korean Sauce 
Instant noodles 
Instant noodles 
Tea LK 
Custard egg spread (Kaya) 
Rice Crackers 
Calbee Prawn Crackers 
Lee Kum Kee Sauce 
Tori Q 
Nestle Milo 
Stir Fry Sauce 
Daisho Sukiyaki Sauce 
Dried Bonito Powder 
Royal Milk Tea 
Instant Udon Soup Powder mix J
Multi Herbs Cooling Tea 
Lotte Sand White Cream 
Pocky Blueberry 
Otafuku Fried flour Bits 
Agedama 

Can you hear me screaming vulgarities?!?! 
“Revised invoice to FedEx” - yup! I remember their consolidated listed items for me which I didn’t know if 25 sauces included the furikake as well? So was plus and minus-ing the items I sent. 

If there was any fault, it would be JS as they didn’t send a proper invoice to them. I would be shocked if I’m FedEx and I suddenly get 22 properly listed items. That’s why they had to ask JS for a revised invoice. I think I should own a logistics company, I for sure will do sui sui for customers, really stress-free for them coz I’ll be stressing myself instead. Aunty can add nice SQ trained customer service, sure good business one. 

28th Oct (Sat)
Submitted to them. No reply from them. Means they don’t work on weekends. So 2 days of further delay

The below information is basically for my retention as I’ll be deleting my messages with them soon. 
1. Seaweed furikake [3 pkts] $7.05
2. Warabi mochi [1 pkt] $2.60
3. Korean Sauce [5 pkts in 2 diff size] $9.80
4. Instant noodles - mie sedap [1 pkt] $1.95
5. Instant noodles - Udong [2 pkt] $10.50
6. Tea LK [3 box] $10.50
7. Custard egg spread (Kaya) [1 big bottle, 3 mini bottles] $6.30 + $12.15 = $18.45
8. Rice Crackers [1 box] $10.60
9. Calbee Prawn Crackers [2 pkt] $2.20
10. Lee Kum Kee Sauce [13 pkts] $18.85
11. Tori Q [1 bottle] $5.00
12. Nestle Milo [1 pkt] $6.50
13. Stir Fry Sauce [1 bottle] $3.90
14. Daisho Sukiyaki Sauce [1 bottle] $6.90
15. Dried Bonito Powder [2 pkt] $10.60 
16. Royal Milk Tea [2 pkt] $13
17. Instant Udon Soup Powder mix [2 box] $8.70
18. Multi Herbs Cooling Tea [4 pkts] $6.00
19. Lotte Sand White Cream [1 box] $1.20
20. Pocky Blueberry [1 box] $0.90
21. Otafuku Fried flour Bits [2 pkts] $6.80
22. Agedama [2 pkts] $3.80

Non-food items :
1. Vacumn cleaner x1
2. Cooking equipment x3 (pan, spatula, tong)
3. Food clips x?? 
4. Disposable containers (think it was set of 10?) 
5. Stationery (1 magazine, 1 notebook, 1 post-it pad. 2 cable clips) 
6. Clothes freshener x1 

Previously you wrote your summary as 10 pcs for cooking equipment, I assumed you were talking about no. 2 to no. 4?

30th Oct (Mon)
JS staffs had a nice weekend. I had a weekend worrying over my shipment if “will it be shipped over to her from LXX or returned to me?” “If return, when can I receive it?” 

JS clarified if “the values indicated in your list are unit values or total values?” hmmm… you say leh? 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Sauce can cost $18.85. I’m really on the verge of kamikaze myself. I am numb now. Maybe I'm just trying to find fault with them. 

When I asked if they will need the value of the non food items, JS replied me with this which I had previously given them the information

Hi Lily, for non food items we'll proceed with the following list if it’s okay! 

1. Vacumn cleaner x1 $26
2. Cooking equipment x 10pcs = $25
3. Stationery x 2 = $10
4. Clothes Freshener Box x 1 = 16.00

Honestly, the value of the cooking equipment and stationery could be lesser as they were items from home (and I can’t remember value) but I left them as it is.

2nd Nov 
FedEx dropped me and che-che a email that shipment is released from customs. Yay! 

3rd Nov 
Happy news! The parcel is signed for by staff in the community building. She’ll just have to wait for staff to inform her for collection. 
This girl will be so happy to look forward to her Calbee prawn crackers and kaya. I’m happy she finally got her vacumn cleaner! 

I’m just so so so so so glad this is finally over. If next time any of my kid is going overseas again and asked me to send things over, I’m going to decline them. 
As for JS, this is the first and last time I’m going to use them. I will deal with whatever shipment I need in the future directly with the freight company. 

At 3.47pm, she sent a photo. Eat and lick your prawn crackers slowly my dear child.  



I met W earlier in the day and was briefly grouching to her about JS. And she mentioned someone she knows also has  complaints about the company, tho her friend sent items to UK. 

No comments: