Sunday, January 7, 2024

On This Day - (7th Jan) #Reminders from FB#

7th Jan 2018

First night of stargazing.

Really pity can't take a lot of shots. I will be more prepared next time.

(Photo taken in GCNP)




7th Jan 2018
added 40 new photos to the album Athena's works - holiday 2017.

Che-che asked me to bring this camera along months before and promised she'll carry it. I must admit she took good care of the camera throughout (though there was once she wanted to leave it in the car, with low temp outside). I know she'll be the one using this camera in our future trips. Maybe mummy should consider this as a heirloom for her. Haha!

When I looked through the photos she took, I was amazed that she took quite a lot of nice shots (imo).

As I do not have the time to load my holiday photos, this time round I decided to do something different - by choosing randomly some of che-che's works.

This is your work, Athena Ting



15th Dec @ 3.23pm



14th Dec @ 4.08pm

Waiting for sunset. This is the only time we sat down for almost an hour waiting. The rests of our sunrise and sunset viewing were . perfect timing.



15th Dec @ 4.40pm


15th Dec @ 5.12pm

Different angle of the signboard she took. Normally, people would take straight and centralised angle but she chose this. Think her hands were not stable? And cut that bunch of leaves!!


16th Dec @ 9.55am

Enroute to Las Vegas. We stopped by the road for our little floral models. My lazy girl decided to switch lens and was so happy she could get a closeup without stepping out of the car. This is the girl who stuck her phone on the car to do timelapse.

Flowers seem to be dancing with the wind



16th Dec @ 2.40pm

Girls entertaining at the backseat. Lil' one's Gelatoni and che-che's smelly bear were the only selected companion this trip. One day, I shall dig out pictures of baby Athena with her 15years old smelly bear and do a montage.


17th Dec @11.56am

Both girls need to do some reflection (puns intended)



17th Dec @ 11.58am

She wasn't happy when I told her I like the 'reflection' picture and asked why I had to go thru the shots she took?? What! It's my camera my dear girl!


19th Dec @ 9.32am

Enroute to Grand Canyon @ Lake Mead

Lil' one was her model



20th Dec @ 6.47am

Enthusiastic che-che got up at 4+ am wanting to go watch sunrise


20th Dec @ 7.16am

After being dragged out of bed by enthusiastic che-che for sunrise... my first sunrise in Grand Canyon (coz we were lazy to wake up 15yrs back. Different season). I'm glad I dragged my feet out. The colours reflected on the canyon at different time is mersmerizing. 



20th Dec @ 7.24am



7th Jan 2017
* Taken from Band’s FB account 









7th Jan 2016

Lil' one get to buddy a P1 girl for recess and first thing she told me "mummy, she's the same height as me". 😁

Told me they kept talking, didn't get to play at all. Haha! So 贪玩. But said again, the P1 girl is very friendly. Nowadays kids are so mature.



7th Jan 2013


Having lunch at 112, hv to go back to pick Che-Che later.



7th Jan 2013

They will love the bookmark I made for them for their school journal when they see it tmrw.




7th Jan 2012

I bought a HCP but will only use it when helper leaves. Now looking around for recipes. Brings out the domestic me? I dunno ...I still prefer baking but my family gotta eat (ahem...hubby might be apprehensive with the "good cooking skills" of mine) Or perhaps I should just bring out my travel cooker n squat in one corner to cook. Heehee!


Footnote written in 2023 : Then I only used once after I moved to current house and had oil dripping down so…. I didn’t use it after that. Useless item for me so discarded it. Thermomix still better. 



7th Jan 2011


Headache! Headache! So many long hours in school.

So when's her CCA? Their enrichment classes adjustments giving me headache. Someone pls give me a helicopter!!


No comments: