Sunday, January 14, 2024

On This Day - (14th Jan) #Reminders from FB#

14th Jan 2022

Post holiday ranting. And it's for my records.

Lots of cleaning and clearing and washing.

Hv to handwash a lot of clothings (those that I can do without sending for drycleaning esp our winterwear but will take a few days since I need to lay them flat to dry & can only do a few at a time), haversacks, bedroom slippers, hats, luggages (those that are cloth type, I do scrub them. Those that are hardcase, I wipe them). Literally everything that we use, I wash.

My common toilet is messy coz of the items that I need to dry inside. Still need to handwash our sports shoes.

Came back home yesterday, had to clean toilets first while charging the vacumn cleaner. 35 days away from home sure have dust. I tore a few gloves while cleaning the house, washing . Luckily hubby and che-che helped with the vacuuming. Hubby also helped to change the bedsheets. I mopped the house twice. since there's no quarantine for us, we decided to do the clothes laundry at home and then send to the nearest 24hrs laundromat to dry the clothes the next day. It'll definitely expedite the drying process.

(Today he brought them out. It's $1/- for 6mins. He spent $5/-which is very worthwhile coz he made his wife superbly happy for clearing the laundry so quickly.) Meanwhile I turned the heater on in my laundry rack to speed dry the bedsheets n blankets coz I need to handwash the floor rags the next day (today) and the new apparels we bought n need the space to hang them up.



How did my plants do?? Ehhh..... mati

i was surprised that the tommies didn't rot. But I had to clear all the Click n Grow and wash the systems coz there were ants. I'll have to plant new ones.


I looked out into the balcony yesterday and it was an eyesore. Told myself I'll only step into the balcony either the next day or 2. I'll settle what's inside the house first.

Today, couldn't take the mess and decided to wash the floor and check on my monstera plants on the other side which I can't see from inside the house.

Feeling so happy with self.


The snacks the girls bought.

Is this considered a lot? So heavy. Mainly the girls' stuffs.

Anyway, after I took this pic I realised I forgot there were more snacks n sweets they also bought which I left in the kitchen.

Yup! My house is in a mess now.



14th Jan 2022






14th Jan 2021

mooie bloemen

I thought I had changed today's delivery date to next week so bought a small bunch of carnations from

NTUC to put with the waxflowers to last a few more days before the flowers come.

When I stepped into the house, saw the bouquet on the dining table and 🤦🏻‍♀️ sigh...silly me! I only changed the first delivery date not both.

I'm doubly happy tho.



Fresh carnations


This week's flowers from Freshblooms.

Last one and tho tempted to continue with subscription, decided not to unless there's special price 😜


View from sofa while nuah-ing



14th Jan 2020

All the newbies faces with their friends or parents. A year back, che-che was here for their Open House with her friends. This time they have to try to "put a spell" 😜 on prospective students. 



14th Jan 2017


Lil' one was bragging to me that her immunization was painless. Then che-che told me (something that she has kept to herself since 2013) that the last few girls in the class register including herself was so scared 😳 that the nurse had to comfort them. Her good friend, S, was the first of that "scaredy bunch of girls" suppose to get her immunization first but end up the last coz the nurse had to call her mom.

And her mom's condition was she'll get a new storybook if she takes the jab. I thought it was really comical, she also burst out laughing when she recounted the whole thing to me.

I explained could be becoz lil' one is the first few so wouldn't be scared. But coz che-che had to sit thru the whole class and hearing the girls infront of her complaining painful etc..kinds of make them freak out. Or perhaps seeing the needles 💉 the nurses put in the tray....

Were you aware of this ST?

Something that has never changed over the years.

They seem to always get the senior looking nurses who never smile to do all these school health checks.

I rmbr I used to be scared of them too.




14th Jan 2017


A few days ago I had a conversation with the lill one.

Out of curiousity, I asked her if they had any class duty roster coz I don't rmbr her doing anything after school. Then that somehow reminded me of che-che.

I had to wait for her almost everyday after school in

P1 coz that girl likes to sweep the floor. Just like me when I was younger, mom always say not my duty I also go and sweep n clear rubbish basket. Coz somehow my classmates all know how to

"siam" (avoid). I'm the only gong-Kia....

When she got into the 🚗 , I asked her and she commented "yah P1 I like to sweep coz it's so fun." Then she burst out laughing "no actually more like I was very kapo."

Actually it's this trait I like about che-che, she's naturally helpful. And she won't seek for attention or brag to everyone when doing so, she's just like me...would rather help in the backstage kind.



14th Jan 2015



Yes! No more small batch baking!!!




14th Jan 2015

七早八早 mixer churning..


I know my daughter

well …#yousaiduwantedtomakeminticecream#

#itsnotgreen#



14th Jan 2014
added 32 new photos to the album España and Portugal - 2013.



Flamenco dancers.

Makes me wanna stand up and dance.



"I cannot see... I cannot see my dinner!!

**mummy rolls eyes**

A note to her future boyfriend, no need to bring her for candlenight dinner!!Coz if she can't see what she's eating, she can't see you either.


She loves the leopard in this Nici range


Sangria



Alhambra - The Alhambra   (from Arabic الْحَمْرَاء = Al-Ħamrā', literally "the red fort"; the complete name was الْقَلْعَةُ ٱلْحَمْرَاءُ = al-Qal'at al-Ħamrā' = "the red fortress") is a palace and fortress complex of the Moorish rulers of Granada in southern Spain (known as Al-Andalus when the fortress was constructed during the mid 14th century), occupying a hilly terrace on the southeastern border of the city of Granada. 37.17686°N 3.589901°W extracted from: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Alhambra


Wine Gate



Palacio de los Abencerrajes


St Marys Church



14th Jan 2013

Haha! Did Athena Ting just stopped and posed for me? 



14th Jan 2013

There's a mouse in the house! Left the kitchen awhile, came back I saw this. The mouse sneaked up and held onto the board n eat the kamaboko.

Sigh.....



14th Jan 2013

I want a bed!!! So tired, abt to doze off here in BK. the' I hv things to do, my eyes can't stop to close, brain shutdown even before I shutdown my netbook.

(-_-)zzz




14th Jan 2012


Ok... So I'm told I'm not supposed to give out red packets this year. Does it mean that I can't decorate my house also?




14th Jan 2012

* tagged in Athena Ting photo


Just a happy me





No comments: