Monday, January 15, 2024

On This Day - (15th Jan) #Reminders from FB#

15th Jan 2022

A skinFULL trip after our Day 3 supervised testing.

It's shared btw, I won't eat all though I know I can finish all if I want to.

Since 早就违规了,违规到底吧!Bought ondeh

ondeh, kueh salat, ti#, Crave nasi lemak for dinner.




15th Jan 2022

A BIG Thank You to friends who have sent their messages to me via WhatsApp n FB after my last post in US. I'm sorry I couldn't reply to all messages coz I'm just overwhelmed with the love given.

A really HUGE shoutout to Leila Fagaly. She got the news when I was at the airport after being turned away, selflessly offered to let us stay in her house not worried if we'll contaminate her lovely home and 🐶.

And for checking up on us after that.

Another grateful beyond words big thanks to Aunty Serena (Alyse Low) whom I just met. She readily offered help to me, a perfect stranger. She checked on us every now and then while we were there, even offering to help us bring our clothings to the laundromat n back. So sweet right? Even offered to lend me a laptop incase lil' one needs it for school.

Can leven use this phrase 远亲不如近亲 here?

Not that my family didn't care about us, they were worried sick and started praying to 观音菩萨、tigong.

While they were worried sick, we were as happy as we can be coz life has to go on for us. Just coz we already had one positive, we needed to add more positivity in our mindset. My family took the heavy burden

Weightlifting 🏋️ worrying n praying, no wonder we were so 轻松 😉 

eating drinking walking happily about.

Thanks to friends who also prayed for us for our safety and sanity.


Updated tutors to postpone tuition. Till when? I don't know coz I have no idea when we can fly back.

Initially I thought to start her tuition online but it means an even more weird timing for her to have tuition at 1am, 2am, 3am while we're all snoring away.

So decided not to do it, unless the delay is much much longer then we'll have to start otherwise she'll lag behind.

FT was informed of the situation and I quickly worked out her school timetable based on US timing and paste it right infront of her. On a school day, it'll be the day before for us from 4pm - 10.30pm. Timing works out fine for us since we're back after lunch with dinner packed. Singapore school no play play one, she needs to get her work done. She didn't have any textbooks here except for a few guidebooks (so poor thing go holiday also have to read on some days). We had to get stationery - a weird 3-hole test pad paper; a mechanical pencils with leads size that is not available in SIN. 


A quick summary to all. Che-che was fine, really thankful she was well. We were all fine just waiting for the time for 🦠 to get out of her body. And all to remain -ve so all 4 can get onto a ✈️ home.

How long it took for the virus to clear? We dunno.

After the test on 26th, we did another on the 3rd and she was still +ve. Then did another on 8th and 9th and she cleared both.


Leila helped us check on the pax load EX-LAX so we had an idea on when we could hop into the plane.

(But we thought that there might be cases of pax who would be caught in similar situation, so we might be lucky to hop into the plane even if it's fully booked.) We weren't in quarantine so could move around freely. Nobody checked. So I guess that's the only good thing being stuck in US than in Europe. It was an extended holiday for us 🤣. But we were even more cautious to avoid crowded places and would usually go out for lunch and pack for dinner. At the same time continued practicing our constant sanitizing n cleaning outside.

With the extended holiday we discovered more small communities, places no tourist would go. With the extended holiday we fortunately didn't feel angry or impatient with one another. On the contrary we had even more laughters. Just yes, that uncertainty on when we could hop onto the ✈️ . We were lucky as long as we had a roof over our head, food and water (and a lagging wifi) to keep us going. We were even more lucky that she was fine. And our delay was clear cut of 15-16 days, thankfully there were no further delays esp if we start taking turns in being infected.


On flight home, there were more empty seats and CSS offered us to stretch out for the 17hrs flight home. And need I say more, the attentive care and the address by the CSS and crew all the time made the flight home even more pleasant. Spent some time chatting with the crew, the IFM included, in my wakeful hours.

When I saw the ships and Singapore skyline, I wanted to belt out the song "Home". 🤣 🤣 35 days leh!

Never been away from home that long you know. So now I know the feeling of Singaporeans living overseas when they step back into the country. Actually I was thinking about laksa, Mee siam and Mee rebus, carrot cake. Haha! Typical Singaporean only think about food.




15th Jan 2021

And the sun ☀️ came out stronger today, just when my growing lights arrived yesterday. 🤨

If the growing lights work for my no more buds adenium n i-need-to-plant-again 🌻 , I'm definitely going to make lil' one lie down and shine on her.




15th Jan 2013

After many days of chin-chye packed recess n an extra noon-time break for mei-mei snack.!'ve finally managed to do a proper bento for them today.

ハンバーガー




15th Jan 2012

She's ready for her first exams. All the best mei-mei



Mamarazzi in action *wink*


And she's done. Well done mei-mei. The moment she came out, "mummy my answer is the same as my friend's. I check 2x. Daddy say he will gimme his iPod." wah!




No comments: