Monday, October 8, 2007

Service rendered by SIA

Hubby never asked me questions about my ex-company even when I was flying so I was surprised when he asked me a question.

On Sunday he asked "is this the way SQ compensates the passengers??" I didn't know what he was driving at but being confident of my ex-company, I said "yes, they go beyond what other airlines do. That's why SIA comes in tops every year."

And he did seem pleased with the way the staff handled the delay, (well I think they're used to it with Taipei facing typhoon quite often during the season) besides the part about the good cabin service he gets all the time. (well he better say good things since his wife is ex-crew. And at least he don't get muddle-headed stewardess like me who addressed my pax - Richard - wrongly. Not only muddle-headed but deaf too - after the repeated corrections from Richard.)


Me : However not all passengers are understanding, some of them will make a big boohoo of the delay.

Hub : But in this case, the whole airport is non functional. Want to fly out also cannot.

Me : Some people are too demanding in my years of flying that they think we are God, can go through any kind of weather, any kind of technical fault

Hub : Many ang moh passengers are complimenting SQ on the way they handle it. All the passengers are happy about it. Tang deoh what?? Somemore they put us up in a not-bad hotel.

Me : Of course lah! You see other airlines, got flight delay they just leave the passengers in the airport, where got give accomodation? Somemore SQ will give complimentary gifts.

Hub : Somemore got free dinner and breakfast leh! Nobody's complaining.

Me : It all depends, they are passengers who are on transit. They make noise, people like you who are coming back home have nothing to lose. Stay another day also don't affect anything, just no need to go back office lor! Those who connect elsewhere, curse like crazy. Then the poor people to get the brunt of everything will be the stewards/stewardesses. Some passengers don't understand that it's beyond us.

Hub: Actually quite true, those angmoh passengers say their airlines just give vouchers and they all stay in the airport. In this case, SIA didn't have to compensate since it's not their fault what!

Me : That's why they are tops. Very humble lot, apologetic for every single thing even if it's not their fault.

Hip hip hooray for SIA!!
Ps. SIA should hire me to be in their Public Affairs Department.
To my dear sister : Your sister is better than being a mamasan okay??
Uncle BT I know you're reading this...




No comments: