Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The children & my mumblings

Aricia
She sees any baby younger than her, she'll scream loudly (in delight) and pointing in that direction 'deh deh' (di di). Infact any baby, be it boy or girl

Seems more interested in the Pooh walker now. She's been walking alot aided. Umm... once she's done with that can pass to Iggy, dad was saying "then they can pass it back to you after that." Ai yoh, pass back to me for what?!

Ever since she fell sick, she's been sticking close to me like a baby leech. I can't do much at home except when she's sleeping, so I've got all the backdated blog entries. I feel comforted that she wanted me and not my helper at this time.
Poor girl, she poo-ed too much that her buttocks are all red. She cried everytime she poos and pees. Keeps clinging on tightly to me. Makes me feel that I've not loved her in vain.

Athena
Heard her saying this "mummy, I have fever also. It's O-L-E, I have fever."
" Turn the thermometer the right side up! It reads 37.0 not O-L-E!!"

I just realised my girl likes to eat pandan cake. Will try to bake that one day. But I'm wondering why is it that all the pandan cakes in cake shops comes in that same shape, circle with hole in middle??
At Dr Lee's clinic on Monday, took her weight and height. She seemed to have lost weight - 18.8kg and stand at a height of 115cm. Wow! No wonder people say she's tall for her age. She's in the 75%-90% for height and 50%-75% for weight.
My mumblings
Phew! At least today I feel so much relieved that Aricia's fever has gone down. Managed to run my errands and return my long overdue (NLB is rich from my contribution) book.
It seems very long since I've brought Athena to school and I don't like the feeling, the feeling of my rushed life coming back again until.... I fall sick. Altho' was a little bored and tired looking after her in hospital last week, somehow I'm glad I make my hubby busy (if not he rely on me too much) - well not much since he's still so lazy to bring her for her music lessons. And I'm glad I have the chance to sit back and relax a little.
At the same time I've not done any Home Practice with Ari for a week now. I think, I will resume next week - no excuses anymore! But yet I'm enjoying this carefree lifestyle.

Facebook
Finally at the persuasion of Winnie, decided to join Facebook. I suaku hor?? No choice, she's migrating to Melbourne this December so this is the only chance for us to communicate.
Eh... think it's something like Friendster right? So what I do now? Meet other ah-sohs??

Eikon
We haven't even taken our family photo. Thought of doing this for the time being - Eikon

Studio photos
Ai yoh.... everytime say no time no time. By the time I decide to get it done could be my girls' wedding photo shoots. Better get it done after Athena's BD party

Shopping
Need to seriously do some shopping for myself to make myself pwetty. Very demoralising to see pretty babes popping out everywhere and I'm blended in with the pillars.
On Sunday bought some clothes for myself, looking for a nice stilettos (before I fall flat on my face) which I'll wear when not carrying Aricia but it's not easy to find a nice pair of shoes when you want it.

Do you believe in "sightings"?
I just need to blog this down. Brother chuckled at my remark on what dad - the medium - did yesterday "so he threw the good person out of your house?" And he told me about the old man in the master bedroom's toilet when we stayed in Upp East Coast. Oh shit! I was a berak queen....
Somehow I remember that mom mention "when you're down on your luck" or "when you're sick" you'll see it.
Apparently (some friends would know this story) we (mom & me) did encounter one, only thing I was too sick to know and probably too young to understand. Mom told me that the lady was tugging my bedsheet (was holidaying in Bangkok that time. so happen our room is the corner room and facing the train tracks), she also sat down. Mom got scared, took a talisman ; open it and put it on my chest. She herself jumped into the same bed as I am in. That story totally freaked me out.
I've never seen one and I don't want to see one. Thank goodness I don't have 3rd eye.
You might expect some interesting tales since I've stayed in so many overseas hotels right? Happy to say I've been very lucky all the while. Hee!

Nashvin - that naughty boy - feel like kicking him!
I hate that boy! Some time back he kicked my Athena - for no reason!
Apparently, Athena was recalling the incident in school for me when I asked her why she didn't tell Ms Clanna. "I'm very brave. But Joseph saw and tell Ms Clanna. I'm very brave.." You say I need to scold her or not?? "Brave for the wrong reason! You get bullied in school, you start screaming loudly if teacher is not there. Or you scold the person so they will not bully you next time. If not, cry loudly.
I was rather angry too with Ms Clanna for not telling me this. The next day, I asked to speak to her alone and told her off. Might seem I'm blowing up a small matter right? Quite true, I have to coz' my girl is very timid, she'll get bullied. And worst is if she comes back with internal injury and we don't know what happened.
Well, since that incident, she's been filling me in what happened in school or if she did scold Athena in school that day.
Nachvin has alot of trouble with the other children too! Seems like no disciplining methods has worked on him. Last week, Athena brought home the wrong file - it was his. I saw what's written in the communication book. Sigh.....he's a problematic kid!
I hate him for bullying my girl, I want to kick him!!

2 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

Is Aricia's diarrhea better? If not, must bring to see doc. My girl was having really bad diarrhea after taking antibiotic and my family doc gave her acidophilus to kill the bad bacteria and harden the stools... It works wonder...

Regards to "sighting", I believe it and hope I will not have any chance to see it to believe it.. scare lah.

Lily Ann said...

Yes, better already. Poor thing that girl....
Perhaps its not scary as`what movies make it out to be. But if it's my relative, I want to see.