Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Day

The start to this day was very early, Athena has her Junior Picasso Class, which starts at 9am. *yawn yawn* Extremely tired. Never rested even after I put her in class, went to NTUC to do some shopping for the upcoming kiddos gathering. I was tired and hungry and I turned grouchy. Munching bread as I was walking down the aisle - looking like a frumpy-looking ah-soh gulping down bread.
Glad I still had that 30 mins to rest while waiting for her, tired - took 40 winks in a bloody hot Yamaha school. (they just turned on aircon so...) did I open my mouth while I...??
Went back home after that.

Mom, brother and SIL came by. At first I thought they were here to visit Athena but the real purpose was to celebrate my birthday. *yay!* I thanked my mother for giving birth to me on this day, and she gave me a reply then.... did I see her tear?? Dunno leh, she's very emotional one. They even bought a cake - my favourite chocolate cake. Got the children with me, since Iggy is going to be 8 months tomorrow we shall sing for him too! But he's not paying attention leh.... he's more interested in looking at the cameras. Sigh... (look like my brother hor??)

Initially they had wanted to treat me to Fortunate Restaurant in Toa Payoh, but I told them I can't go too far coz' hubby will be back at 4+, so we had to settle for somewhere closeby.
Somehow the whole day I was confused, the flight arrives at 6+, then hubby told me brought forward -arr 4+, then it is late, then delay again..... ding ding dong dong until I go ding dong.
In the end we went to the first restaurant.

Lunch was so-so, most important is the company and the thoughts that count. The effort they put in to ask me out

The kiddos took 3x or was it 4x kiddy rides. Aricia enjoyed the first 2 rides with che-che, kept laughing. Iggy then joined in (didn't cry but was told he cries when he's alone. I suspect Aricia's the same) he did seem to enjoy the ride and when it stopped; he wailed out loud. So funny! Anyway, we really cheapskate. 20 cents ride and we put 3 kids in.


Thanks for the treat! Thanks for the thoughts in celebrating my birthday. Wah... I must be a VIP hor? They actually came all the way down to my home leh! Not like they need to pick me up. But next time I shall ask for a limousine service.

Came back to open the pressie and read the card they gave me.
I like this drawing my brother did, and the most decent photo of my sister - finally!
Dunno who's present is this? Athena insisted on opening it for me, and posing for the photo too!
It's a handphone or stationery holder. And a rabbit - yup! That's me!! I'm going to use it as a handphone holder since most of the time I'm like looking for my phone at home. Thank you! Thank you!

Rested awhile at home, then left to pick hubby up. Two flights coming in, two different belts at extreme end. Wah piang eh! I told hubby his flight is SQ871D, he said no "he's going on SQ871" I wonder if they really tell their passengers this information. I wanted to head straight to the later arrival plane SQ871D but decided I should just try my luck in the first arrived flight just in case.. he always walk out real fast. If I missed him, then it's a wasted trip. So, I was right!!

As usual the kids will be happy when their daddy comes back home. And better still, wait for daddy to open up his luggage to see what he bought for them. Aricia seem to be happy at everything including his clothes. Huh? Then he passed me my present. Wah! I got present also leh. After some time I decided to open up my pressie and my heart almost dropped!! It's a ....







Omega watch with diamonds. Wah............I waited so long for a good watch, though he promised me a Rolex watch on my wedding day, I didn't smell it. 2 children 6 years later.. a Swiss watch finally! No Rolex got Omega don't complain liao lah! But I'm somehow taken aback coz' my hubby, the very practical guy, wouldn't spend so much on a gift. Cheating on me? Or no choice, got stranded at airport so needed to shop. So gotta thank the typhoon for coming by Taipei huh? Haha! Maybe he was hinting to me at HK airport the other time.

I'm so happy today. My family celebrated for me, I've got a watch. Sure made my otherwise suay week a heng week.

No comments: