Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I feel like 'throwing in the towel'

22nd October - Monday
Damn sian. Damn suay, damn damn damn! Sorry if this really sound vulgar... well actually not really vulgar I can sound even worse than this.


Last night heard Athena started coughing again. This morning, her cough sounded more phlegmy so I thought I'd bring her to see Dr Lee instead of going back to Dr Ng, who's medicine doesn't seem to help her since last week. Perhaps I had neglected her during the time when I had to care for Aricia. I had forgotten to give instructions to them but sometimes I'm really fed up - I'm always the one who have to keep giving medicine while hubby plays his own computer games. Then better still for him if he don't have to pick Athena to / from school. So he was very happy when mom suggested letting Athena stay overnight. But I stopped coz' SIL had the gastroenteritis and the worst scenerio is to have Athena kena the bug (father started it or was it Iggy , passed to sister, passed to brother , passed to SIL) and spread in our family. I mean, having one trouble (nursing Aricia) is bad enough, I do not want to turn my house into a hospital. Somehow when SIL recovered, mom said to bring her over... hubby more happy than anything. I think she has a little of the bug-gy now and the love between the sisters is so great that Aricia has it too.
Sorry, I was too engrossed in complaining.

Anyway, Dr Lee said she is wheezing a little. So I'm lucky to have brought her to see her sooner?? Needless to say, she gave antibiotics and a follow up is due on Friday.
This morning was rushing from home to Dr Lee in Tampines, to her school to get her file (she came back with the wrong file on Friday), to Pioneer (ulu place) to pick up my blank cards, to home and wait for brother to help toddler-sitting while I quickly print some cards, to hospital - SGH - to visit mom. Yes, yes, I already told mom to escape the germies by coming to my house once brother caught it but she refused. In the end, she's exposed to the germs. And on Saturday, she kept lao-sai and purging. In the end, she has to be warded coz' for mom any small illness will be big for her. And she needs immediate attention in SGH coz' she's a renal transplant patient.

Once home, I thought I'll be lucky to enjoy the rests of the evening drilling Athena in her violin and organ lesson and do my illegal business in the night. Darn! asked KZ about Aricia when I stepped in & she told me Aricia had been sleeping for quite a while, she was worried awhile ago and ran to the room to check on her coz' she normally don't take such long nap, and she dunno if her hand is hot or what........I didn't wait for her to finish her sentence and quickly ran into the room. Shit! She feels a little hot. Took the new thermometer to measure. This time it didn't show the constant 37.8 but a 38.5!! Argh! And you know what's bad enough?? She didn't even have the decency to tell brother who was there. I asked when she touched her, "oh.. not long ago, about 10-15 minutes ago." I told her off, "you're lucky I came back now and not 1 hour later. You should have told brother here, he will know what to do.." Ai yoh, I dunno what that KZ is thinking leh! Needless to say, I spring into action - panadol and sponging. First cycle I stupidly took her temperature after I stopped sponging her. I squealed "shit!", came out and brother smiled at me and said "you're suppose to measure the temperature half hour after you finish sponging." And so I thought I was well-prepared when it does happen again, I'm definitely not. Lucky that brother is trained so he has taught me alot of things and I'm learning new things too!

Twice her fever went up and so did a few cycles of sponging. I feel like putting her in the freezer to cool her down. Ai yoh! Now fever up again. Shit! After sponging, I'll paste this on her. Frankly speaking this is the first time I'm using this coz I was/am skeptical at how it works. Guess now that I'm desperate I'll do anything.But I'll only paste it after I finish sponging.
You know what's worse? A clingy girl who wants me to carry her all the time, then my body heat gets to her, doesn't seem to reduce temperature fast.
If only I'm that lucky with 4D and Toto. I'm very tired already..........and it always happen when hubby is out of town! Not that he will help me but he will lighten my load by taking one child away from me. Now I have 2 clingy kids; one pair of hands for each of them (I have no hands to scratch myself)
I haven't even do what I need to do, buy and this has to happen again.

Horrible bug going around. Kill the bug!

** We all know that why fever occurs - body fighting germs. So with me sponging her most of the time am I causing more harm to her?
Also I am trying not to let her take too much of western medicine (bad for body) but it looks like she'll be taking more than usual whenever she runs a fever
Does it mean that Athena cannot school again today-23rd?

No comments: