Thursday, July 24, 2008

A visit >>

by tooth fairy will be due soon. This afternoon (23rd), Athena told me "mummy, my teeth is shaking." She wasn't afraid (aha! wait till she goes to the dentist for the first time) and was happy as if she's very different from her classmates. She kept playing with her shakey tooth ( I used to do that, so fun -> like swing like that), Jachelle came into the music class and then ran up to her "Athena, you cannot run and fall down becoz' your teeth shaking. Afterwards your teeth drop out." Think the whole class in LCCC make it into a big booha. Heehee!

You know what's my feeling when I heard it? I was happy, it's another phase in her life. She's finally going to drop her milk teeth one by one, goes to show she is a big girl. I think I'm crazy; really crazy. Maybe one day when she starts menstruating I'll be happy... hee! I can't describe that feeling I have over her shakey tooth
I had a feeling that she'll drop her milkteeth sometime this year coz' her first tooth was cut at 4 months. And was so prepared to bring her to the dentist the moment any of her tooth is shaking. I don't want her to end up having ugly teeth like the mummy, so want to do my best to make her teeth look nice and if dentist says extract, I'll listen to him.

Innocent remarks from her again :
"Mummy, mummy I must put my teeth under my pillow so the tooth fairy will come and give me money. I must tell Aunty Zet I have teeth under my pillow, she cannot clean and throw away." ( I am amazed she remembered this tooth fairy story, I told her a long time ago)
"Mummy, I put alot of my teeth under my pillow fast fast. Then I have alot of money."

Respond from me :
"Then, I'll ask the dentist to pull out all your teeth."

The tooth that is ......... the 1st one to drop
(will put/keep in her Baby Book)
Call it coincident, I was copying some files from a forgotten SD card and I saw this. Taken on 15th May 2003 - about 4+ months old - and she was chewing on the teething biscuit.
I feel like crying when I saw this picture, when I took this photo I had no idea how my girl will look like when she grow up. Now that she's grown up and I've seen her how she looks like, I almost forgot how she looked like when she was younger. And as I scanned through every corner of the photo, I find life is so amazing and unpredictable. Amazed on how an embryo can create this girl. Unpredictable on a child's personality and behaviour. She was the child who never made me so mad as now.
I want to remind myself that my Athena is still a baby.... in her mummy's eyes.
Shucks! I'm so emo now

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

Athena looked very different from her baby days. I won't be able to tell they are the same person.

Lily Ann said...

Heehee! When she grew older, the looks is more or less there..