Friday, July 11, 2008

Eliminating potty training?

Received this article from BabyCentre.
Let's just say that with or without this article, I would have the same problem potty training her.
She used to scream when I put her in her potty or toilet with the trainer seat. Now she don't scream that much, she'll sit in the toilet (with me supporting her) playing. I'll be trying hard; making all the sounds "tsh...tsh..." or ?"Nnnn...Nnnn....". My dear girl copies me and end up not accomplishing anything.
I can't put her in her potty; she screams even louder; runs away. And so I tried to buy her a new one coz' I thought it might be uncomfortable for her. Brought her to Kiddy Palace to try out. Wah..........you can imagine what happened lah! The moment I asked her "Aricia, mummy's buying you a new potty.."
A : no!
M : come and try..
A : naughty (and walked away)
M : (went forward to hold by her hand)
A : (screams)
M : come baby, try a new potty. You may like this
A : (screams even louder)
People around us looked at her.. and at me (probably thought I was a kidnapper)

Infant potty training: What it is and how to do it

Toilet training readiness checklist

I notice that sometimes her diapers are dry, perhaps she can hold her bladder already? But one thing though, she always tells me "ssh ssh" or "poo poo" after she has done her business. She has for a couple of times tried to remove her diapers.

Hmm..........perhaps I should just forget about the potty and put her in the trainer (but gotta squat there with her & hold onto her)

No comments: