Thursday, July 10, 2008

Excited like a 'old' schoolgirl


The day - Phase 2A2.

Set alarm in phone, pasted reminders to remind myself since I'm so forgetful these days. Last night, hubby came home and I told him "tomorrow's registration day". His reaction "ohh! tomorrow." I didn't ask him how he felt, he hasn't displayed any objections or insisted that I enrol her in some school near our ulu Punggol for some time so I'm thankful and better keep my own mouth shut just incase he gets reminded. Hee!
But for myself, I'm so excited- really excited. I don't know how to describe the feeling... maybe I am overwhelmed with the fact that my baby is all grown up, going through another phase in her life.


I would have brought Athena along if the school is in the actual premises to let her see for herself 'the real school life', Well, she didn't have the chance coz' I went to the temporary school in Bedok. Excited and more excitement filled me when I got closer to the school (OMG! can't believe the feeling I have just with this registration), as I got down from the car. I heard children screaming; running. Oh! Recess time - the time that I love too! And memories come jottling back. They were excited during recess time, I was excited that my daughter is going to wear the same school uniform that I used to wear. (no lah! not passing it down. Now the school crest is sewn on. Ours at that time needs to pin a badge)

Signed in with the security and given a number tag - 16. (wanted to take photo but crowded lah! so paiseh..) I was directed to an office past the canteen. It's such a joy to see the happy childrens' faces. How lucky these children are, they have nothing in the world to worry about... but well they are suppose to be children.

In the office, I saw 3 other mummies there. We will only know on the following Tuesday the total amount of registrants for this Phase. In all we have to go through 2 stations, while in the room a schoolgirl came in. She looked so timid; (all children are scared towards their admin staffs and teachers) and if not for her long hair she would have a striking resemblence with my Athena.
For myself, I have one more additional thing to submit to the school - my deed poll. Perhaps I was the only mother so far providing such thing (or the only mother to be so hiao to add name), so they were going through the deed poll to make sure everything is in running order. Spoke to the staffs and found out that the compulsory curriculum that the school offers : Speech & Drama and Dance. So it means once a week or twice, she'll stay longer in school. It was too at this time I confirmed the school session and ............got another shock. It's single session!!! Argh! Yes, I'm happy it's going to be single-session but I've already put Aricia in the afternoon session so I have to change her session (and now I don't know if there's space in the session for her) Very confusing right? They mentioned it's more or less confirmed single session, coz' they'll be back in the new premises by then. And they'll have catered food for the P1s for the first 3 days, after which the little birdies will be released on the 4th day with a buddy during recess.
Orientation date : 22nd December. I'd like hubby to come along too, hopefully he's in SIN.

Finally, to the 3rd station in the General Office. And I'm relieved that my child is finally in my school (though by procedures, they still say "wait for results" Ai yah... 170 places, sure can get in)
When I walked out of the office, I glanced up to second level and I saw Miss Rabot. Goash! She still looks the same from a distance.

Ooh! Can't wait for orientation and then it'll be a mad rush to get :

1) school bag?

2) cheapo stationeries in bulk

3) textbooks

4) school uniform

5) shoes from Bata

6) the white colour shoe polish (or white chalk - hahaha! that's what we do when we have spot checks)

No comments: