Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's her not me!!

You may think I'm one demanding mother who loves to scream, shout and get my blood pressure upped for no reason.
Or perhaps you may feel I'm one depressed ah-soh stuck at home finding fault with everything; who might one day out of her fits throw things down from the window and end up in jail for being a litterbug.
And the words from my family "give yourself a break, bring her over to our place."

Yup! If you've read my countless complaints, you would know who the heck I'm talking about now. It's my lao-da Athena. I've tried and tried to be the angelic mummy who talks nicely to the child; and the child answers me "yes, mummy." and obeys me. I tried not to get myself flare up for no reason, but I've failed. Yes, a child is still a child but.....I've never seen anyone as stubborn as her. Extremely stubborn!

In a span of 1 day (yesterday) , I can find fault with her 3 things.

Incident 1 :
Gave her the agar-agar to try, she was a lil' surprised coz' she didn't know I made it for her. But I told her to "let it cool down first", and reminding her again and again "use a spoon to eat, don't use your hands". Okay, so what would you expect your child to do? She then kept fidling with the jelly, cutting it into smaller pieces and then kept coming to me every 30 seconds "mummy not cold anymore" Told her awhile more and reminding her again to "eat with the spoon". Guess what happened next? I came out of the kitchen barely 20 seconds later to see her holding the agar-agar and squeezing the it through her fingers (like trying to squeeze out juice like that). Would you get angry?! I did and I refuse to let her eat and threw the jelly away.
Why the anger?
a) already told her upteen times to use the spoon, never listen
b) already warn her before never to play with food, she did. Infact did the most disgusting way of squashing her food between her fingers
c) it is a daily reminder that I have to recite over and over again. And many times she eats in such a way that she dirties the floor; the table; her clothes.
d) come on! don't come and help me find excuses for my girl. "she's only a child.. she's only 6 or 5+" How long am I suppose to live with this silly excuse. At 12 years old, can tell me "she's still a child". 16 years old can tell me the same thing again..then when will she learn?

Incident 2 :
She damaged the walking dog balloon I bought. It's meant for Aricia but I let them share. What did she do? Bite the tail and then what do you think happened? The poor dog lost the pui-pui-ness and don't look good anymore.
a) she's old enough to know. No excuse for this!!
b) always spoiling things that I buy. So, I do get really angry over this incident coz' the dog is quite expensive - $12.90 - though the cheapest of the lot sold.
This morning, the dog RIP lying on the side. Aricia was looking for the dog; found the dog to see it and say "korr...." mimicking snoring sound. Walked away then went back again, this time she tried to walk the dog but it wont move, she look a lil' sad and said "naughty.." to the dog.

Incident 3 :
She refused to eat the unpolished rice for lunch, finding fault with this and that.
Enough of her fussiness + I was already fuming mad at her for the above incident which happened less than an hour ago.
Sent her off hungry. She didn't eat at all until 6 when she saw the cake which I was decorating and wanted to eat. Don't care, helper and mom plead me to give food to her. I said "no, she'll never learn her lesson."
Is there any exchange programme where I can send my girl to one impoverished country and let her see for herself how fortunate she is? For her to see how fussy she is when other children don't even have enough food for them to choose.

I think my readers will gasp at my way of disciplining my kids and say I am a mad mother. I don't know... I tried the soft ways on her; it don't work. So I must use the harsh military style on her. And I must tell brother that the book he loan me "The Rules Of Parenting" won't work on her. He should let that girl read "The Rules of Listening To Your Mom", "The Rules of Being An Obedient Girl"

No comments: