Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fruits

Eat fruits everyday to become bigger, stronger and healthier... ♫♫ This is a song in one of the Shichida's CD. Played so many times but they seem so immune to it/or immune to my nagging.

Many a times, I hear friends or strangers who tell me their children eat fruits & love all sorts of fruits. I am so jealous and then I pity myself for having 2 tough kids to care for. 2 kids who simply refuses fruits. Many a times I get misunderstood as "you never try.." Fact is I tried, I threatened to disown them only to start threatening again with disowning them, still haven't disown them to start another threat.

Undaunted by the fact that I believe there is a soft spot somewhere.. I tried again today. Feeding Aricia with apples. She screamed; cried like I was trying to feed her poison. Very defiant! I was frustrated and angry and ......... thought what MH said "God is fair" What fair?!?! Give me 2 kids who are so hard to handle, 2 kids who can do the simplest thing - by opening up their mouth and eat fruits and vegetables - also can't co-operate with me.
Hey! Try to empathize with me okay? Someone volunteer to switch children for one month? Then you will understand the difficulty I'm in. Your child stands to gain from me - free flashcards + home sessions for that one month of exchange. Hee!

Anyway, I am headstrong - I never give up trying. I tried to hide the chopped apple in pancake. And guess what? Aricia ate!! But then ... you know with the chopping = oxidation + heating of pancake, whatever vitamins has been lost. I passed some to brother to give it to Athena.
I thought of making apple/fruit pancake, dunno if have such thing or not.
Ai yoh.......why can't they just let me cut it into small pieces and eat from there.

Will have to fins some other way to introduce fruits to them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A new resource being use to improve kid’s nutritional status is a new book “The ABC’s of Fruits and Vegetables and Beyond.” Out only a few months and already being bought in quantity for class use. I hope parents and teachers interested in getting kids to develop a friendly attitude towards fruits and vegetables should take a look at it.
It is designed for kids of all ages as it is two books in one – children first learn their alphabet through produce poems and then go on to hundreds of related activities. Coauthored by best-selling food writer David Goldbeck and Jim Henson writer Steve Charney. More at HealthyHighways.com