Thursday, July 3, 2008

Experiment

Athena didn't come back home n so I have the free time. Decided to bake but alas! no eggs, bake what? Cookies? Nah! We brought back alot of Arnotts cookies from NZ. So what can I do??

Chocolate moulding! Sounds like a good idea huh? No interruptions from the che-che, except the younger one who first refused to leave the oven when I was melting the chocolates, then started climbing onto the chair and kept telling me "eat, eat"

My horrible works :

From top (L) : The inside (ahem my impatient and ugly) painting
top (R) : Was lazy coz' so difficult to do the small writing "princess" that I simply poured the whole pink colour first
bot (L) : The coloured one that (surprisingly) looked a little more presentable on the other side.
bot (R) : Oops! The moment I added the chocolates behind, it made the crown look so ugly (FYI : I did put in the fridge for the colours to harden between each colouring as well as before adding chocolate.)
The one tone looked perfect even after I added the chocolate behind
Next in line was Elmo - the easiest of the lot I have. I really wonder how some people can colour the Sesame Street gang, Pooh etc...with all the small fine details. Doing this Elmo was considered a feat for me

Top (L) : black eyes and mouth
Top (R) : the lazy style again
Bot (L) : the same picture as top (R), just the correct way
Bot (R) : adding whites to the eyes & orange to the nose
Top (L) : adding red (think if I add blue, it'll look like cookie monster. Hmm... will try one day)
Top (R) : added chocolates
Bot (L) : closeup
Bot (R) : the tray
Extras chocolates so did this (as shown in top row).
See how I try to stack the trays in the fridge
Mickey and Friends out and about. The chocolates were quite melty, though not as bad as those I used confectionery Cadbury bars. Looks shiny (as compared to my last attempt), so I think it's the refridgeration that made it look so nice.
The yucky princess-es. But I do like the single tone ones
It's Elmo's World. I'm pretty satisfied with these

Feedback : the chocolates I used were the Valhorna's baking chocolates. It didn't taste as good as the compound chocolates I last used coz' of cocoa content and it's smoother so I need to fridge it = melting when temperature increase outside.
Conclusion : Valhorna is good for solely baking and "into my stomach" - there goes my hope for losing weight - Read from somewhere should be using cooking chocolates not baking chocolates. Wonder what's the difference between the 2?
Will have to try to find my compound chocolate to try it out again.

Found this on the internet

* Wonder how did those bear chocolates you see in those chocolate stalls stay so nice even they're not refrigerated

4 comments:

Kin said...

Hi Lily,
I chanced upon your blog and I am totally impressed by your chocholates. I can only dream of doing all these for my 2 girls. Oh yes, I have 2 girls too!!! One turning 2 tmr, another coming 6 in Nov. Wow, you are doing a great job as a mum. I'm struggling so much with being a SAHM, barely trying. So you are a little like my role model for now.... Smiles.

Lily Ann said...

Hi Kin,
Thanks for dropping by. Wow! Our girls are the same age.
Think you're being kind in your words, I do go crazy (berserk) sometimes too!
May I have your permission to view your blog?

Roslyn said...

Vely vely nicee

Lily Ann said...

Roslyn : Thanks for your sweet compliments.