Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Macha jelly (re-tried)

Tried doing the Macha Jelly again. I am not satisfied with the watery jelly I made for family, must be wrong somewhere.

I was careful with the measurement and end of it... I realise it still has that watery consistency. It's alright when I made single portion but when I double everything .... ?? So this time round I added more gelatine to the jelly and it's much better. Ummm.......I can't wait to tuck in. I think I will be making this very often, it's really addictive.

Since hubby is coming back tomorrow and he love jellies. Made him the macha added with some gong-tao to make sure he will like the agar-agar I made. And so I made agar-agar as well. Nice! Nice! Since it's so edible decided to give some to my Japanese and Malaysian neighbour.
Colour do look different from the first time - 17th July entry- I did coz' I added a thicker milk to this, also it took me so long to filter this pot of agar-agar (until I want to faint). But as you can see, the fine grains are really removed. Thanks to mom's suggestion.
( the first attempt agar-agar)

My fridge is so full jiggly jellies.......oh! this macha thing is so sedap! Looking forward to more macha bakes. My family sure dare not eat so probably save for myself.我要减肥!!!

No comments: