Tuesday, July 1, 2008

School Vacancies By Phases

I remember I was tracking this sometime in July last year. It's registration year for me.. how time flies huh? Now she's already so big and tall (she'll be taller than me soon) - I teased her "standing just below my armpit so can smell my armpit."

I'm not that worried this year coz' hubby (surprisingly) didn't nag at me "distance..so far, wake up very early.. go to Mee Toh." Maybe his colleague had already psycho-ed him?? Ehh.... tell you I already have my documents ready on my table, except for hubby's IC (which I must remind myself to take from him before he flies off) I wouldn't want to add stress to myself, as it is I'm a relatively pessimistic person.


My school :

IJ Katong - 240 avail

Phase 1 :

IJ Katong - 69 taken (28%), 171 avail for Phase 2A1


I was a little kapo to go through my other choice schools
St Nics - 210 avail
RGPS - 300 avail

Not my choice school, but for MH's knowledge
Tao Nan - 360 avail

Phase 1 :
St Nics - 77 taken (36.6%), 133 avail for Phase 2A1
RGPS - 89 taken (29%), 211 avail for Phase 2A1
Tao Nan - 190 taken (52%) , 170 avail for Phase 2A1

There's a slight increase for both IJ (Katong) and St Nics Phase 1 intake from last year (2002 baby boom year? Year of the Horse..) RGPS - slight decrease in %
I didn't track Tao Nan's intake for last year but Hiroe told me that for her Phase 2C, she was confirmed space coz' she's within the 1km limit and the school had to ballot for those out of the 1km radius. Judging from the intake now, over 50% taken up in 1st phase. I think there'll be balloting again. So...MH, dunno if you're that kan-cheong but if I were you, I'd move or rent a place soon.

No comments: