Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fever!

For no reason, Athena had fever last evening. Teacher Mumta called to inform me at 4+, mom helped me pick her up coz' I was on my way home at that time.
At first I thought I'd let her skip her Berries and rest at home, and pick up the book + worksheets on way home. But then she seemed so fine and was playing happily with di-di. So........she was faking it? She complained to me that she was tired. (well, she's always tired on Mondays) When we were on our way, she showed no signs of being tired, so I let her go into the class. She whine for awhile and then was okay.
I promised her, I'll let her rest on Tuesday at home. Never did I realise that the promise became a jinx instead. She had fever in the night, let her sleep with us so I can watch her and didn't want her to get too close to mei-mei.

Fever went up/down like roller coaster. Funny thing about fever is that it usually spikes up in the night. Now, as I'm typing this I hear her making funny noise once-in-awhile. Will bring her down to PD tomorrow, probably will have to miss her music lesson-will see how. I never had to worry much when she has fever (different if its Aricia) but this time round, even before she asked me to baby-her I decided to sponge her; gave her the cooling pad on forehead; slept on cooling mattress.
Pray hard she's alright tomorrow if not....may have to go down to KKH. Sians! KZ was just saying "I notice.. everytime Sir going off long (long trip), the children fall sick." She's not kidding and she reminded me, yes almost every time!!!

No comments: