Friday, March 31, 2006

She never fails to amuse me and family

Girl insisted on staying over in Grandma's place after her music lesson yesterday. Although I was trying to 'get rid of her' after going crazy for 5 consecutive days, I must admit that when mom offered to let her stay over I was abit hesitant. In the end, I gave in, thinking that I need a sanity check for 2 days before I am home-bound with her next week.
I drove them back home, and then I asked girl what should she say... I was expecting a "Goodnight mummy" and a kiss. But she surprised me with "Thank you mummy for driving me to Thum-per-nis (Tampines)" and gave me a kiss. I found it funny that she thanked me for this.
At night, the little tyrant rules the house. Everyone would have to bow down and give in to her and calls her "Your Royal Highness. When grandpa comes home, she ransacked his bag checking for dupes and illegal items aka sweets. Then she asked "ye-ye did you buy anything for me (in chinese)" Grandpa answered, "I didn't know you are here tonight. I didn't buy you anything."
Smart as she is, ran away and refused to talk to grandpa no matter how much grandpa talked her to come to him; coaxed her etc... Then he offered her "I give you $2"
A : No, I dowan
Ye-ye: (after some time) Come, I give you $2. You want or not
A: (who was playing in uncle/auntie's room, rolled down from the bed fast and started running to grandpa in kitchen)
A: (took the $2, went to the room to take her now empty piggy bank and put in the money)(came out the room and showed everyone her piggy bank)
Sis-in-law(SIL):How come your piggy bank is empty?
A: Mummy take my money to put in bank
SIL: ye-ye also can go to the bank. Why didn't you let him bank in the money for you?
A: No, I only want mummy to do it
Ye-ye: (seeing her piggy bank quite empty gave another 2 gold coins, SIL gave her some coins.)
A: (shaking her piggy bank happily)

===================================================================
A week ago, she heard me hugging the sink in the evening. She quickly ran to the bathroom, said "mummy you womit(vomit)? I looked at her but couldn't answer, she ran out of our bedroom and came back few seconds later. This time I sat on the toilet seat resting and the sweetest thing happened. "Mummy, I give you sweet sweet..." Sounds sweet, wait till you hear what she says next. " You only take one only ok? Cannot take so many.. later Athena don't have, how?" She ended her sentence with that kind of pathetic look (which only we know coz' we've seen it upteen times)
If she really meant to offer sweets to me, then don't say those words. But then kids are kids, they speak their mind.
In the end of the whole episode, I thanked her for her kindness and thoughtfulness.
What surprises me later is she ran back to her dark room to put back her sweets (on top of her telephone - abit silly). Why surprised? Coz' that girl is afraid of the dark. But she overcame that fear and ran, probably for her life, to get me her sweets.

Footnote:
She never fails to amuse me and my family. Sometimes I really wonder how that little girl thinks. No wonder they say that having children is a joy.

No comments: