Friday, March 3, 2006

My funny gynae

I like my gynae, he's always so cheerful and jovial. Of course you can see the look on his face when he's really stressed up, and then I dunno if I have the "consultant" word printed on my face- he'll complain to me how some patients are too much, of course he still protects the identity of his patients.
My visit with him today was a funny one.. we chatted and I dunno why he talked about the one-eye dragon guy who fled to KL and how stupid he is waiting to be caught. Of course I teased him saying "if you can think this way.. you must have the mindset of a murderer." and quickly added "joking huh?" But he didn't mind it and laughed it off.
When I asked if I resume my exercise. He made this remark "You better don't do high-risk exercise huh? I won't be here next week." when I told him I go gym.
When I first visited him years back for my first PapSmear, he was chatting and obviously trying to distract me. Well he did, I was surprised when he said "okay. done!" Then when I fell pregnant, he was the cautious kind. Yah.. and when he prepare to operate me in the OT for my Emer C, I saw him praying. Yup! He's a christian. Anyway, I see the dedication he has for his job. He actually took the syringe and medication out of the clinic; hoping to catch me outside on CNY eve - when everyone's rushing home for reunion dinner. I was so touched by his actions.And he even said "call me on my mobile phone.." Hey! Which doctor will give you their mobile phone number??
Anyway, he mentioned to me that he'll only retire 11 years down the road. Which means I'll have another 11 years to see him for my regular check-up. I think it is a pity that the gynae association will lose out this good and dedicated doctor. But I think he's done alot of good deeds and it's time he enjoys his old age.

No comments: