Saturday, March 11, 2006

Where do we go from here??

In United Square
St Nicholas Girls' School & her new dolly, Nicole
Few days ago my batchboy, Leslie called me to let me know that his daughter school is having a Food & FunFair today. When he told me it's St Nicolas, I was very excited. What's more exciting is I found out how they got their girl in the school, they did clock the 40hours volunteer work; plus his wife is baptised.. but then he also did mentioned that although his wife was from CHIJ Nativity, her results was good enough to go St Nicholas. So perhaps that put her at the winning edge.
Anyway, I told hubby the night before that I want to go down to check out the school. He kept quiet, didn't seem interested.
In the morning he said he has a meeting with a headhunter at United Sq. While they met, I brought my girl around the mall with the first itinery to buy her her panty.LOL
He told me that the new company (if he's successful with interview) it's going to be an IA-International Assignment in Shanghai. And how I feel about it. "Well, you have always wanted to go China, this will be a good chance." Well, we have no idea how long it will be but we shall not probe further until everything's more or less sucessful and finalised.
Anyway we left for St Nic. Hot weather, we couldn't take it. But we bumped into his ex-IBM colleague Rachel who's girl is in the school. And she did tell me "Volunteer yes, but you still need to be within 1km." I mean hubby heard it himself and how Rachel praised about the school, he should understand why I was so persistent in putting her there. "You should consider moving here if you want to put her in."
We left St Nic not without being empty-handed. They were selling the dolls and I asked her to choose the smaller one (coz' cheaper mah!) then that girl kept pointing to the big one. Argh! $$$ fly away.
I was feeling quite hopeful when hubby brought up the idea of moving house. I did remind him that exactly next year when Athena is 5 we would have stayed here for 5 years and good timing. He said "oh yah, we moved in just before she was born." Then he cut short the conversation and asked "so what if this No.2 is a boy?" I reminded him that Catholic High is just next door and coincidently it's also where I'd put my son in (ACS had to be out coz' they're 100% for old boys kind - no chance). Then he looked at the flats "wah... so old..." But it sounds more hopeful to me now..
In the late afternoon before I slept I told hubby I was craving for Pasta and then started thinking about Futomaki. Slept woke up and first thing I told hubby was " I want to eat Futomaki" Had 2 plates of that.
Perhaps it was all planned, I didn't even realised that my batchboy, Leslie, his wife and Lea were there. I only saw them when they were leaving. And all the more he convinced "you should put your girl in St Nic's. Move to AMK."

Now.. where do we go from here?? Firstly, of course I want my husband to go further in his career. So how long will that be? Years? That means she'll have to be in S'pore Int'l School and no more St Nic's? Or should I stay back at certain time to put my girl in a school in Singapore? But then the family will be apart.
I guess we'll just have to leave it in the hands of God and see whether we've been chosen to stay in our homeland or flock to Cheena. Maybe no more Orlando.. sob.. sob...

No comments: