Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My inner ramblings

I am not at all pleased or happy when I received a phonecall from Ms Chan on Tuesday afternoon. She had called to ask me why girl was not in school, I did not suspect anything but assured her that she's fine (no sickness... just incase they're worried about the HFMD that is spreading) . Then she toned down her voice and told me that she has given my girl a smack in the hand on Monday afternoon because she poured the soup on herself during lunch. I was abit shocked as mom had not mentioned anything of this to me (girl stayed over in Tampines on Monday night).
But normally, I would listen to what Ms Chan has to say about my girl being naughty in school. I did the same yesterday but somehow an instinct told me "there's something wrong somewhere.." and I kept asking her "are you sure? You mean she drank the soup from the bowl and the soup spilled?" I doubted her words, worst still as a mother I felt angry that she had smacked my girl's hand. Do not be mistaken, I believe in disciplining my child when she has done wrong and I've given the teachers permission (altho' they are not supposed to use physical disciplining methods) to discipline her when she has done something wrong. I don't believe in scolding or beating my girl a few hours later when she would have forgotten what she has done, and 'why did my mother beat me?'
I don't know how to describe the feeling I have inside me now.. I need to find out the truth. Am thinking if it's repetitive smackings for no reason then I may have to pull her out from her school. Which I know many people have asked me why I have not pulled her out since I'm not working.. true, I could have put her somewhere closer to home but I thought of how much the teachers loved her and how she's gotten used to the place. Like one childcare teacher in Pasir Ris I bumped in Hougang pool told me "You're the first mother I know who will think of the child, many mothers will think about themselves first eg. convenience"
Okay, gotta find out the truth..........

No comments: