Thursday, March 16, 2006

Look who are the excited ones?!?!

Having breakfast in school
N2 Students gathering in their class
Lining up
Moving out of the school
Getting up the bus (she was quite afraid)
Sitting down
Excited Athena & Javier
************************************************************************************************
Last night I had to remind hubby to wake me up early at 6plus (as I need to get girl in at 8am).

In the morning, I don't know if his clock was fast or my handphone clock was slow, he woke me up much before 6.30am. I intend to shower first and then wake my girl up but hubby got so excited and woke her up just at the same time as I was having my shower.

I got her to school at 7.56am. The two grandparents were looking from upstairs, their unit, calling "Thena Thena", then I actioned them to keep quiet as I want to get her in to school without wasting time. Grandmother wants to ask her to go upstairs and have porridge (actually it's her excuse to have the granddaughter upstairs) which I declined coz' I know for sure my girl will delay her time and they will also play and delay time. What better way to let her have her breakfast would be ideally in the school. Think they were a little sad that I denied their time.

She had her bun and milk in school. And you know what? That girl actually ate the lotus fillings in the bun. At home, she simply refuses to eat any fillings. Kids! No other parents stayed inside except for Jesline (Javier & Zenden's mummy) and another boy's (Is it Elliot?)mummy and of course myself. We saw how the teachers in the school was fumbling around; gathering the noisy and boisterous kids; packing last minute things.

Ms Chan asked the little children in her class to bring their shoes to their class and sit down. At this time, I put on the mosquito repellent on her (lying to her its body lotion). Thankfully, hubby bought this and another bigger bottle from Manila - it has those nice scents instead of the Citronella ones we have in Singapore. Anyway, I wanted to put for the other kids in her class but they all say "No". Then I asked Jesline and the other mummy, they accepted the offer.

The other mummy hails from China was asking me what it was and where to put, so before I could reply her she mentioned about "hands & legs", then I told her in my can-die Mandarin "hai you fang zai.." actioned 'neck' - what was that word?? The mummy said "bo zhi", I nod my head. Just then a little girl laughed at me speaking in her heavily Chinese accentuated way "jie jie ni bu hui suo bo zhi", then continued "wo shi ta de piao jie". Obviously her auntie (classmate mummy) was embarrassed but I thought the girl was cute and said "dui. Wo bu hui suo bo zhi"

The children were gathering near the main door and MS Chan led them in prayers. Just then Jesline and myself quickly made ourselves out and talked about 'us being the excited ones when the children don't feel anything at all...' When they left in batch, we followed. Coincidentally Ms Chan has let Javier partner Athena. And I was reminding Athena about keeping her hat on all the time; clean her hands with wet tissues if its dirty and using the small towel I put in her shorts pocket to wipe her perspiration. I think she finds me a nag and said "yes (pause) mummy".

Went up the bus and could see the excitement in her eyes (coz' she hardly takes bus). And all I can do is to pray she'll have a good time.

When I picked her up from school in the evening, asked her what she saw in the Botanical Gardens, she only told me "we play ball.." Hello! I was asking her what she saw - "trees, flowers??" Proves that girl only likes to play..................

No comments: