Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Grandma & granddaughter relationship

My girl simply adores her grandma (my mom). Not to mention too that she'll take the opportunity to bully my mom sometimes eg. refusing to keep toys. While I can be screaming at her to keep her toys, grandma keeps her toys for her without complaining.
Grandma has build a close relationship with girl when she was born. Infact, she was the second person to see her in the hospital. Thereafter, grandma helped me with the confinement period and passed on what she knows about feeding child to me (well, I'm a first time mother.. what do you expect). The rests were picked up from my big brother who used to work in PD wards. In the subsequent months, she stayed on a few days in a week to help me take care of her; play with her. Let's just say she was the one who taught me how to cook the porridge at 4 months; 6 months and etc... and grandma sacrificed to be in the heat to help me sun the brown rice- thrice! Everytime she comes back 2-3 hours later, I start wondering if she'll come back brown herself. I wouldn't have done it myself unless there's a portable aircon.
Anyway, there's alot more to write but I don't have the time to write everything down.
Girl loves to be with her grandma. Always loved to stay over in Tampines, and she would sleep in grandma's room. When grandma comes over to Punggol, she will not sleep with daddy mummy but would sleep with grandma.
Asked her who she loves most anytime... and she'll reply grandma.
Of course grandma loves her afterall she's the first grandchild. And having raised all her 3 children to this age (youngest me -31), she somehow liked the idea of having a small child around.

No comments: