Saturday, March 18, 2006

Our normal lazy weekends

Our weekends now are usually spent at home and driving out to Punggol Plaza or somewhere close in Sengkang, Hougang for lunch and dinner. And the rests of the time are to laze at home; hubby will play his computer games while I will go into Dreamland.
Today, I am pleasantly surprised when I bumped into my ex-Secondary school classmate Endora Teo. Infact the last time I bumped into her was more than a year ago at Compass Point, we didn't exchange phone number and this time too! Was rushing off and clearly forgotten about it. She is now a mother to a 3 month-old baby boy, her mother (whom Endora resembles 100%) was carrying the sleeping baby. Never mind, she stays in Punggol now so I'm sure I'll bump into her one of these days again.
Before we left Punggol Plaza, I went to buy my otak otak. Bought one non-spicy one for my girl. Turned out she really liked it and asked for more. Need I say more, we were already in the car so there's no way to turn back.
Had to find toilet seat cover in Hougang so we went to Hougang Central for dinner. In the car, I was feeling sick and craving for my Futomaki and Miso soup.I really wonder what is the thing in Miso soup that makes me crave for it. I remember when I was holidaying in the US (and not knowing I was preggie); suddenly lost appetite for anything but asked for Miso soup. That's when I drank the whole soup finished very fast and sat there staring at hubby and our two mothers having their lunch.
Okay, sorry for sidetracking. Back to our dinner, he stopped by at the coffeshop opposite Kopitiam and I thought of having Chicken Rice. You should try it, it's by far the best Chicken Rice I've tasted (and mind you, I'm not a Chicken Rice fan at all) After our dinner, we left for Hougang Mall. Dunno what Dog show they have there, but saw two Siberian Huskies. So cute...........asked my girl "Is that a dog or a wolf?" She said "It's a dog. Woof Woof." Haha! Actually long long time ago she saw a husky in the street and then she started shouting to me "mummy, you see wolf. Wolf!" Well, huskies have the looks of wolves. So she's not wrong.
At this time as I'm writing this, my eyes are half closed. It's time to hit the pillows.

No comments: