Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Brought her to the pool

Wanted to leave girl at mom's place today while I go swimming. But mom called to say that she's not feeling well and I had better bring her back home from school.
Anyway, since I've made up my mind to swim my fats and flabs off I thought I'd bring her along with me to Hougang Pool.
She had a lifevest on, and I also let her sit on her float (umm... actually it's for up to 18 months old) so when she sat in it sank in further coz' of her weight. And she made a remark "mummy.. how come got so much water in here?" Well, she's meant to get wet so I pushed her along and swim. Was kindda restricted and can only swim breaststroke. Swam a few laps of the training pool and then at times I'd let her sit by the side while I swim towards her. She can tell me "mummy, you go far far away." " How to go far far away? How can I rescue you in time if you drop inside the pool?" After some time I brought her out of her float and carried her by the armpits. Asked her to kick, she kicked. Then she surprised me by doing the breaststroke on her hands. I was so pleased "wow! You so clever can swim breastsroke." At first she kept quiet... then at my second remark she sang "I am a fish swimming around, swimming around..." and did the action.
So.... she wasn't doing breaststroke but was doing the action to the song she learnt in Little Notes. ????
Before we left brought her to the baby pool where she wants to play the slide. We left for the shower area; took a shower and thought of bringing her to the small eating area. Told her "mummy only brought $2.50 with me to the pool so I can't buy much." She looked around for tidbits instead and settled for a 50cents Maggie snack. We left for home after that. In the car she said, "mummy tomorrow you bring me to the pool again."

No comments: