Saturday, March 25, 2006

Furious! Furious!


Was craving for crabs in the late morning, then hubby suggested having seafood for dinner as it'll be too heavy for lunch. And at the same time to call mom, bro and SIL along.
I was too excited thinking about my crabs that I actually went without an afternoon nap. Hahaha!
We reached East Coast at 7plus, and Red House was already quite packed. Darn! Should have made reservations. Was happy to see that they have a section airconditioned. But we were warned of a 20 minute wait for a table anywhere in the restaurant.
Brother raccee the other places and told us that No Signage has seats upstairs. So we thought 'what the heck. We might as well try other places.' and how hot it can get - can't be right? Cause there are fans.
We were dealt with the most horrendous heat. Make it worst is the bloody service. I can't believe that they had only 4 people serving and only 2 (inclusive in the 4)can take order in our top section. So we waited and waited, trying to get the attention of the staff to take our order. And he made a blunder when he repeated the order so we corrected him.
The worst has yet to come. We actually waited for 40 minutes for our first dish to be served and the stupid woman didn't even bring our rice. Chinese take their meals with rice what!! Thank goodness we asked for one bowl of rice for my girl who was about to faint (ok, just exaggerated on that) quite some time back. Quite poor thing, only had white rice to eat.. Then when the dishes came we try to feed her with the dishes. Not only she was aggitated, I was too! Firstly is the service, secondly is the heat. I was feeding her and then brother was fanning her (mind you, she was seated under the fan yet she still feels hot) with a piece of paper. We all had to settle her dinner first. Hubby kept telling me "you eat first, you eat first. Let her eat herself." How can I do that? Whenever I'm out, myself; mom or brother would rather starve ourselves and feed the child first. Let the child have her fill then we can have our fill. Hubby ordered two kinds of crabs, chilli and black pepper. And when the black pepper crab came we all stared and told the lady it's the wrong dish they served. Then she said "it's correct, we don't have black pepper only white pepper." I was quite pissed off and told her "shouldn't the guy tell us." Though I must admit she was quite apologetic. (what to do when you have a fuming mad pregnant lady). The waiters are quite blur too! One guy came up with a tray full of Cokes and walked towards our table and then somehow I think he realised the number of Cokes don't tally with the number of people there; turned to the other table. And remember we already had our Pepper Crab?? He came out again putting the dish down. We looked at him and told him "we ordered Chilli Crab" And I can't imagine how blur can he get when he was moving the first Crab dish to make way for the new one that he brought out.??!! No common sense.
Anyway, their food is horrible. The Chilli Crab is not nice as Red House's, I think they used curry powder to cook the gravy.
I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.It's no wonder everywhere else was packed except for this place.
RATINGS:
FOOD : NOT NICE
SERVICE: VERY BAD. AT ONE POINT, DIDN'T EVEN HAVE STAFFS THERE EXCEPT FOR LIZARDS ON THE CEILING. YUCKS!IT TOOK THEM 10 MINUTES TO SETTLE A BILL ALSO. ?!?!?!
AMBIENCE: FANS ARE OF NO USE. THE HEAT WAS HORRIBLE
OVERALL: NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL. I THINK EVEN THE ZHI-CA CAN COOK BETTER CHILLI CRABS.

No comments: