Monday, September 1, 2008

Other mumblings

Wednesday : (make me so depressed)
During YJc, children suppose to do improvisation for The Dove. And that girl had to play wrongly!! Of course Peggy was confused, I was confused, Peggy thought she was playing something else & corrected her = Athena was more confused. Peggy turned to look at me and asked me if that's what she's suppose to play. I showed her the first bar, then she mentioned something about it being " the mother's work not children's." What the??

Or course lah! Ask Athena to think, she say "dunno dunno." So I had to help her. And mind you her style quite easy okay? I mean, I also know my daughter's standard lah. But the way Peggy commented is like she don't even believe my child has this capability of playing it. Actual fact, she can play but it's just that she loves to play and like to daydream = playing rubbish and thus driving me crazy.

Everytime I finish one class I tell myself "should I pull her out?" S feels that Peggy is picking on Athena. I feel that too, I know my daughter makes alot of mistakes (silly mistakes) - I don't deny that. But I realise when ppl make mistake she don't sound that sacrastic - it breaks my heart when you realise your child is a punchbag. When she notices girl making mistakes she has to make a big booha over it. Alot of times, some or maybe one child (not my girl) play wrongly she heard it and dunno who right?? Asks them to play again, then .... at that time my girl have to make mistake. Then... she sighed and tsked tsked.. looked at my girl, thinking she was the one who made the earlier mistake. Prejudiced? Picking on her? Seriously!I think even before the mother loses face (I'm so thick-skin) & decides to pull her out from group lesson, the child already feels being put-down by the teacher. Dunno if what she said during the last YJC is helping my girl lor! I mean, I needed a frank answer from her - if girl is suited for individual lesson. She said "no, she's doing fine." Then why keep picking on her??

As if the children didn't make me depress enough, KZ had to make me even more depress/angry when she spoilt my precious top. All because she dumped it into the machine to spin dry. @#$%! She took out and asked me "mom, this one cannot put in machine?" Shucks! "of course cannot! can't you see there's an external thing here?! And this is not the first time you wash this!!" Damn! I bought this top in US and she had to spoil it. In total since the day she came - she spoilt 3 clothes of mine. And you know what she asked me "mom, I glue it back?" siao! how to glue back, I had to use that to support the strings which acts as a halter. If the glue give way, won't I be exposing myself? Not that everyone would want to see... a fat dumpling! I don't understand why? They say helpers usually cannot think are dumb, I didn't want to believe that KZ is one coz' she does seem smarter. But.....???? Can't she use her brain?
What makes me angry is that she spoilt 3 in a span of 2 years! Thursday, I showed her my jeans and told her she better not spoil that coz' that's $270+, very sim tia if she spoil it.
Talking about helpers, MH talked about this the week before. It's not that we're picking on them but please lah! they've worked with us for the 2nd contract they already know what's going on around, still make stupid mistakes.

Last Wednesday, while the children are still in the house. I heard her exclaim out loud "ah.. who spoil this?" Apparently I got to know the Sudoku game I bought from her is spoilt, Athena blamed it on J. I don't know who spoilt it exactly but I didn't lecture my child coz' KZ deserved it. I mean, even if J is not around she knows we have 2 young kids @ home, she should have put it high up - she didn't. Left it on the sofabed. I don't intend to buy to replace it for her coz.... 1) she deserve it 2) still unhappy that she spoilt my top.

Some other minor issues lah! But I don't like it when she thinks my mom's bag is her bag. Asks my mom to put her camera inside. Please lah! Carry one bag lah! Then we have to carry the things for her? Hey! I think if you were me, you wouldn't be pleased at all.

Damn! This must be a suay week! Bad luck, need to have myself dipped in holy water. I think this is really a bad week, I have been very temperamental. Things don't go smoothly, even melting chocolates also can - burn?!?! I remember the DJ was talking about grey being my lucky colour this week, and not a good week as a walking fire.
Aricia has been spitting food; rejecting food; throwing things. And she has flung away her meal thrice. Twice, I saw KZ's face change. Anyway, who wouldn't? Cook until like siao and then get thrown away. If I'm not there, I'm sure she'd scream and maybe ill-treat my girl. ?? I've punished her thrice already, and though she's naughty - really naughty. She listens to me and dare not move away when I put her against a wall.
Argh! Dunno what to do with her leh? Already so small size, still dowan to eat. I open her mouth, 3 teeth are coming out. I hope that's the reason for her sudden outbursts and not coz' she knows she's going to be "terribly horribly 2" soon. Sigh..........

Last week, I wanted to record our videos into the DVD player coz I need to free up the space in the camera. Duh! I'm so fed up with all these gadgets stuffs. Our DVD recorder was in the living hall. Then when we changed the flat screen, can't match up to it so I suggested putting it in our room. And I had no problem recording our video camera over from there until we got this new video camera. Argh! I plugged into TV, I get colours. I plugged into DVD recorder direct, I see black/white. sob...sob.... (that's the thing about technology advancing and so difficult to keep up with it)
Thought IT savvy hubby can help me, so I want to try to use our computer to burn the disc. But I need to go through Pinnacle Studio, so I need firewire. (confused yet?) Thing is, we have firewire installed into our old desktop which is currently in the children's room. But I'm having problem with the mouse. And I can't be editing the shots in their room while they're sleeping, right? So I asked "does your desktop (in our room) have firewire installed?"
He : (shrugs shoulders)
Me : What's the problem here? Which is the wire now? (coz' I smart alec went to pull out from the old desktop some loose cables.) Ay, you remember which one is it?
He : (shrugs shoulders)
Me : I thought you say you know alot of computer stuffs? I think I know more than you.

When I finally identified which cable. Argh! One problem after another, the USB part doesn't go into our current camera. You say suay or not? Here I am rushing to empty the space, I'm stuck. I tried looking for it in Challenger in Hougang Mall - no luck. Say I must try in Sim Lim. Wah.... I'm getting so frustrated over all these gadgets.

Wasted trip!!
I needed to get the castors for my trolley, so on my errands day - Monday made a trip down. Prior to that, I called them to enquire and the lady told me "40 sets". When I went there, the staff told me it's OOS. Damn!

When I got back home, decided to bring down the mixer first. Coz' have no idea when the stock will come in, and I do need/want to bake.
Welcome new mixer, goodbye old 'cargo bag'
It's a lil' sad that I have to throw away my cargo bag which I call it "my ah-lian bag". Reason being I don't use it now and rubber things from two wheels have dropped out.
My ah-lian bag served me for only 2 years before I resigned. And infact it wasn't the 'cargo bag' I was looking for. My first cargo bag was a nice grey Echolac bag. It's very lasting and not as flimsy as Delsey or what nots other crew buys. Infact, my bag was the odd one out coz' it's not a common brand as you would see crews dragging LV cabin bags and Delsey cargo bags behind them. But Echolac was really very lasting that I could even throw it down the countless bridges in Venice. I was frustrated for bringing it up/down the bridges. Perhaps that's why the Polizia don't even dare to catch this tourist who's trying to destroy public amenties. Hee!
Nope! It wasn't even spoilt then. I could still use it for another year, what made me buy a new one was the lock couldn't latch at all. Hmm.... couldn't find back the same brand so in the end went to get Lojel - also more sturdy compared to Delsey. The only setback was the outlandish colours - pink & purple. I wondered what the senior crew might say but thankfully nobody said anything. And I'm quite happy with it coz' I can pull it up to stand vertically besides dragging it horizontally. With it vertically, I didn't have to strain my back at all. Very comfy, feels like holding a child's hand and walking alongside.
It was hard making the decision to throw away the bag. Coz' I've been clinging onto this bag, reminding me of my happy experiences in SQ. This gone, I've got nothing - ehh...ok still have my LV bag (I'll be crazy if I ever threw that away)- feels like I'm half dead like that.

Caterpillars
I was just talking about getting caterpillars ( I saw it in a stranger's blog, now I can't remember which & whose blog) for the children to see the life-cycle to hubby. And on the same day, gf MH sms-ed me that she is going to get caterpillars and if I'm interested in it. Uncanny huh?
Got 2 pairs and I swear my hairs all stood up when I went to her place to collect it. They have 5 pairs for the family & helper. I don't know what shit I put myself into. I'm so worried they'll topple over in the car and end up crawling in the car. Eeeks! I don't even know what breed it is.

Will update on the caterpillars

2 comments:

Celyw said...

hey, my maid spoil 4 pcs of my son branded clothes within 6 mths of her stay here ok! Yours only 3 pcs within 2 years small case to me leh :P

Lily Ann said...

Wah....very sim tia. Yah, if compared to you I'm considered lucky