Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No china-made food @ home

With the tainted milk scare, it gives me an excuse opportunity to throw away things without that greedy girl crying in fits.

Out of the cabinets are Hawthorn products (che-che's favourite) too! Yup! One mummy from Berries I spoke too was so sore about the whole thing coz' she said her children have been eating the Want Want Babybites daily, she recently bought 2 packs of Oreo wafers & M&Ms for herself. I told her she's so lucky, she could have bought 4D - sure strike. Her reaction? Started laughing. I don't mean to make it a joke out of it but this scare caught all of us unprepared.

Yesterday, I suddenly remembered Children's Day is next Wednesday and wanted to get something for the lil' children in her YJC class. Bought snacks but I put down many packs coz' they were made in China. Better to be safe than sorry, a list was sent out to me from J. Hmm... 2 of those I picked and put back are in the list. So, is it confirmed that those items are recalled? Ahem... then that place still has it on the shelf? Wait till AVA comes and fine them.

Isn't it scary?

But sometimes you think, hasn't those previous scare deter us from taking China-made products? Over the years we have heard stories of how bamboo shoots are made, how disposable chopsticks are made, how fa-chai, the most recent luncheon meat or wonder if you did recall the Bairong Grape biscuit scare - can't remember what was that for. It made it into the 'oscar-nomination' list again this time. Sigh..... But then again, major food production & consumer products are made there. So it's affecting the whole world.

** I can throw away almost everything, but I just realised alot of chinese herbs do come from China so I'm not going to throw away those. I'm crazy if I ever threw hundreds of dollars herbs away **
The list


No comments: