Thursday, September 11, 2008

A flutter of hope

After days of frustrations trying to edit the video camera using Pinnacle Studios = successful
(I finally managed to get it working on one desktop but turned out can only burn half hour. It looks extra nice with all the editing but I'm not going to waste more time. So will wait for hubby to help me with the installation and I'll dub it over. Will have to borrow dad's DV camera for Saturday's use)

That aside, I was also trying to do the video montage from still pictures to be played on Aricia's party... it took me hours and days too! Serious! Twice I worked through the night, finally on this night (didn't sleep) I managed to burn the VCD successfully. Is it nice? I think it's simple but I tried using Ulead Video Studio 11+ this time round, my Pinnacle just can't seem to load the music in, which was real frustrations and more cries of "suay" from me. Imagine, when you're that near to completion and spending hours to collate the photos and ..... *bang head*
Okay, seriously I think my determination is there, try until can, try until give up sleep, try until I die from exhaustion..try until...( I have no idea at what point I'll give up) then maybe forget about the whole thing.
Ulead is very new to me, and I must admit I still prefer Pinnacles. There are so many things I can do with Pinnacles. Then when I tried to burn into VCD, I had countless prompts of failures. I just didn't understand why... there were alot of possibilities :either my lappie don't have in-built burner (which I only found out today, I have. Stupid me, have been transferring my data files the tedious way to desktop to burn) or something is not installed in or.... or..... It was to the point where I thought I might have to use bro's computer to see if it works there. Somehow after all the trial and errors, I finally realised why? Certain transitions seem to work fine but it doesn't play back on video so that's why I've been stopped a couple of times. Slowly, I go through the files and compare when playback and delete those that are causing hindrance. I didn't bother to go through replacing them with other transitions, I was already tired. It's a pity, my header was nice but it doesn't go through... Umm...okay, finally churned out the VCD out at 7+ am. Remember I worked through the night?? Ran out to test on the player outside. Hooray!!!

Just as I was walking back to the room, I noticed something. Papa butterfly just came out from chrysalis. Goash! I was awake but missed out the whole action. Sob..sob.... (photos uploaded later). I think the sisters will come out either tonight or tomorrow and me will be a little later. I really hope at least one will wait for Saturday. I want Aricia to let it go on that day, my brother says it's nice coz' it's like a symbolic act.
The papa butterfly was the sign of some teeny weeny wingy of hope. Fluttering all the good luck dust back onto me.
Let me give some to you and I hope you'll have a nice day ahead!



Glitterfy.com - Glitter Graphics

No comments: