Saturday, September 27, 2008

Caterpillars 1 - TCoster

Since the day I brought back my 2 pairs of caterpillars, I haven't blogged about them yet.

23rd - Tuesday
Had a pair of average size, can pupate anytime caterpillars and another pair of cutesy caterpillars. This time round I didn't have chance to name them or think about it coz' I haven't been feeling too well.

The pic of the 2 caterpillars are the smaller ones. And one hanging upside down @ night - that's fast! But this cater is weird, has only one tentacle
It's really that small!!
24th - Wednesday
The smaller caterpillars are growing up. Apart from that, the bigger ones - there's one superbly fat caterpillar which keeps eating while the one-tentacle caterpillar is still hanging itself, not pupating yet (surprisingly) and not eating. So what's it hanging upside down so soon? I don't know.. competing with David Blaine?

25th - Thursday
Morning : still hanging upside down. No need for competition with Davd Blaine, will win indefinitely. But notice the other caterpillar is disturbing it, poor one-tentacle is wriggling alot.

Quickly separate the naughty caterpillar. Wah! Refuse to move leh! KZ had to push it out of the container into the other one, we can't move one-tentacle too much. KZ said the thread holding it is already thin + kept wriggling..

Barely an hour after we separate them, I caught in action one-tentacle is going to be one-super great fighter butterfly. I was so happy, that I had it recorded down as well.
I thought it's weird that the setaes have gathered to the top. It was swinging while purging out. Then it stopped. I thought it's weird, it hasn't covered itself fully with its sleeping bag. Maybe tired; maybe continue later?

After some time I noticed it looked a little different, it's still covered halfway. Maybe dead? After all the fighting for its dear life with that naughty caterpillar.
I opened the container for a photo and then >>> plonk it dropped on the base. Argh! Murderer!
This is one of the smaller caterpillars. See it has grown again



26th - Friday
Can't help but feel I'm a murderer!
Saw the two smaller caterpillars shedding skin. And next minute I know, the setaes have all thickened with "extra thick-looking mascara"

In the night, KZ told me the one-tentacle is still alive. So there's hope. Then noticed the naughty one kept trying to spin thread. It kept turning round and round - fat & stupid.

@ 1am, noticed it's upside down already

No comments: