Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oreo Cheesecake - Attempt 2

I've never repeated any bakings so far coz' I simply have too many recipes to want to try. But somehow, I needed to perfect Oreo Cheesecake. Just don't ask me why.

I always loved to bake and decorate my cake nicely. But more often, I end up doing a slipshod job coz' I'll be tired after all the cake-baking to do any decoration. So this time round, I decided to spilt this cake into 2 parts. The night before, Friday, I prepared the crust and refridgerate overnight. Hopefully it will be nice as those we see outside.

Saturday morning :
I used the same recipe as the first attempt, but this time round I put the correct amount of sour cream- 1 cup. The first attempt, I just poured in the whole tub without measuring. This time round I measured. Fortunately I am like running an illegal baking shop from home, I have supplies in my fridge. The only thing is I have 1 light sour cream and 1 sour cream. (Its so difficult to find sour cream, normally see light ones in NTUC.) Heck lah! I mixed both

Outcome!
Tastes nicer (I feel), fluff up more. The stupid crust not that good. Duh!

Measuring 9.9 on Richter Scale.Very bad!
But there's a saying that implies ugly-looking things are nice, right? (hee! trying to console myself)
A slice of cake?
It's been served!
Some extra cheese batters, so did these for sister. I played cheat, these crusts were bought from C Storage. Wonder how they do so nice crust?

成功 or 失败 ??

Taste - 4 stars
Presentation - no stars

No comments: