Thursday, September 18, 2008

Baking : Birthday cake

Baked a SSC designed cake for my lil' one. Initially wanted to bake a normal round cake until MH asked why don't I bake one using the SSC pan. I didn't want to coz' I don't know how to pipe... but in the end I took up the challenge coz' it's HIGH TIME I USE THE CAKEPAN!! And, not forgetting the 1st time I'm going to use my "aid".

Mixing ingredients
She's so funny.... she knew it was chocolate. Kept telling me she wants to eat
Ahem.... must get this shot. This may be the first and last time I'm going to use this SSC pan
I'm so pleased with the smooth surface of the cake.If only my 2nd Oreo Cheesecake turned out this way!!
Must taste the cake, which must admit it's sedap! and chocolaty! ~ just nice for me

Buttercream icing (which must admit thankfully I have the mixer to help me. My hands would have dropped inside broken if I had done it manually) My bowl looked messy - all thanks to me. I was trying to get a photo of me throwing butter inside and .... next minute I know >> splat on the table. Argh!!
SSC that don't look like one. Hee! It sure took me a long long time to pipe in the colours. Tired!
But it's an achievement okay?!

3 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

*Claps Claps Claps* so nice the cake!!!

Roslyn said...

You did an absolutely fantastic job! Can share your recipe please?

Lily Ann said...

Jasmine : Thanks! Aricia kept eating the cake. We finished that big cake in 4 days!
Still need improvement on piping. I showed one mummy the pic and she went "what's that? who's that?" Hee!