Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mooncakes - 1

Didn't let Athena go to school today coz' 1) she's on a chinese medication. (yah.... her cough came back, so brought her to one new chinese sinseh to try out) 2) they're not doing much in school. Doing work that is still undone, and those I've completed with her long long time ago. So she stayed home and do assessment books at my pace. Trying to finish everything fast so year-end can let her "sit for exam paper' - wanna see her standards. Stress huh?

Anyway, while she was doing her assessment books I was making mooncakes. Trying it for the first time. Wanted to do both kinds, the snowskin and traditional method. In the end, I can only manage the snowskin. I must admit I'm happy with the taste of it, I got the recipe from the internet. It's easy to make but............the moulding is tiresome. I started at 11+ all the way till 6+pm. Poor Aricia, can't play with her. I planned no home sessions on Wednesdays, thought I could try since I'm home today but.... okay mooncake comes first.

Enjoy! (so tiring.. thought of doing some for the kids during the party since 14th will be Mooncake Festival. But hor..very tiring (I wonder how those home based can make to sell)... dunno lah. If you all see it there means I am able to rush through it. If not, take it that you're eating it by looking at these pictures.Hee!

The dough > when the instructions tell you to put colouring and mix water to knead the dough - follow it! I didn't, I kneaded first then separated to do the colouring. Made life difficult for me, don't try to geh-kiang like me.
Green = pandan, Pink = strawberry. Wanted to do durian but KZ don't eat. So will try that on another day.
Yellow balls - white lotus, black - red bean
Presto! Cute hor? The rice moulds come to a good use. Want to try my cookie cutter next. Hmm.... KIV
Taste is nice, but I can't do a good job moulding it and sometimes notice thick skin (like me) one side though I did peel off. Sometimes too, noticed the thing is not smooth, not enough water?

No comments: