Thursday, September 7, 2006

Vast improvements in KZ's cooking

I must admit that I am rather pleased with KZ's cooking skills now. One thing good is that she is a fast learner. Sometimes, she'll cook the dishes that mom taught her; sometimes she'll cook the dishes from the cookbook I loaned her.

She's learnt to do her dishes nicely, just like mom, with all the garnishes. But the only thing is that, she can be very impatient - instead of chopping the garnishes or food in small slices; she chops them in big chunks. And I happily took something from one of the dish yesterday thinking it's vegetables - and YUCKS! It's ginger!!!

Mom was telling her, now that she's learnt another skill (she has never cooked back in Myanmar), she can open a Chinese restaurant when she gets back home in 2 years time.
And when I think of 2 years later... I am going to eat lousy food again! I doubt mom will be able to help me teach my new helper next time. Sigh.........

No comments: