Monday, September 18, 2006

Recognising words / Drawing

Last night Athena surprised me when I simply took out another set of flashcards (not the usual Glenn Doman I've been religiously teaching her) and she told me the words. At first I thought it was purely conincidence that she got the word right. Subsequently, I pointed out to more words and she got everything right.

Today, she was doing some drawing at home. I asked her what she was drawing, and her pictures seems more recognisable - as compared to last year's drawing. She can draw a rabbit, snail and a whale. (of course still needs improvement) When I asked her where does a whale swim. She replied "The whale swim in the ocean." Wow! When probed further who taught her the word "Ocean", she replied "you". I can't remember when I taught her that but it must have been a long time ago.

Now, I can only hope that Aricia will be as smart as her sister. Umm... it means more home coaching & stimulation from mummy.Geez.....I can't imagine having to go through the whole cycle again!

No comments: