Wednesday, September 6, 2006

My printer went to heaven / Selling un-opened cartridges

Of all days, my printer had to die on me - it had to be today.

I was happily printing some stuffs even when the black ink was low, then I decided to change a new black cartridge. When I closed the cover and turn it on, the ribbon made a loud and noisy sound. Tried many times, and finally decided to call Epson technical centre for their help.
At first Ivan suggested to change the other 3 coloured inks as they are empty. The problem still persisted.
He later asked me to do other tests before concluding that I will have to send my printer for servicing. When asked about the approximate charges, he said it'll cost me $100++ and suggested to get a new model with the same price - CX3700 which is selling at $188 in Sim Lim (siao! I'm not going that far to buy my printer)

I left the house earlier to TM to get a new printer before picking Athena up from school. I wanted to find the All-in-one which uses the same cartridges as my old model - CX4500, but it seems like they are already considered old models and obselete. My first stop was Popular, and CX3700 is selling at $248. I decided to go over to Challenger instead to check out the price and range. Was glad I walked over, they are selling it at $178 (I save $70!). The only thing that is not included is the USB cable from computer to printer, I thought that's a small problem as I can use back my old one.

******************************************************************
**** SELLING ****

Now with a new printer, my 2 unopened black ink cartridges :T0461 - are of no use. Rest assured that they are original cartridges. 1 comes intact in the box, the other is without box but still remains sealed in the vacumn packed packaging.

If anyone don't mind the other 3 coloured cartridges which has not been used by apparently pricked a hole when I loaded to test the printer :
T0472-Cyan
T0473-Magenta
T0474-Yellow
(Please note that I will sell it at a price of $10 for all 3 coloured cartridges, and it must be sold soon. As I do not want the ink to be dried up.)

These cartridges can be used with the following Epson models :
C63
C65
C83
CX3500
CX4500
CX6500

Anyone interested, please leave a comment at the end of this post.

No comments: