Saturday, September 2, 2006

Failed as a PI

KZ was telling me that Athena likes to yak and yak to her before she sleeps in the night.

Sometimes, Athena will rest her chin on both hands (and elbows on a low partition) and yak and yak. Then she will say "Aunty Zep, open your eyes." Or sometimes she will sit up; holding onto her smelly bear and yak. I think she got her talkative-ness from me!

When I asked her what she talked about. She said she talk about her bear-bear; her being a baby blah blah; her mummy and daddy and her grandma; duagu; duakim etc.....

So, tonight I decided to plant the baby monitor in a conspicuous place (under her table - as I needed the socket. And hidden behind my laptop bag). First, I plugged in our receiver in our room; and then asked hubby to bring her to the toilet to brush her teeth, while KZ went to prepare her milk. (KZ is not aware of this as well. Want to see if she got bad-talk us or not. Heehee!)

I tested the other end by making Athena talked while I walked back to the room to adjust the volume and ensure we're on the right channel.
She finished her milk and I took the bottle out to wash and made my exit from there... Came back to the room immediately to listen. No sound! After some time decided to make a check, and saw KZ tapping her to sleep. Probably she was too frustrated with her yakking, so by tapping Athena to sleep will make her talk less.

Shit! Failed on my first day as a PI!

No comments: