Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Assisi Underground

In the morning, while having my breakfast I was channel-surfing until I came to this Channel showing The Assisi Underground which is based on a true story.

I don't know why but although I have my roots here in Singapore, I had always loved to read on books on the Holocaust - when I should be more empathatic towards our grandparents generation (and perhaps our parents too) during the Japanese Occupation

It is therefore not surprising that I have interest in Concentration Camps, Anne Frank house, and even tear when I went to the museums in the countries that I have visited.

Perhaps, I should start reading up on the Japanese Occupation in Singapore. Just as I wrote this,I've learnt that Elizabeth Choy had passed on today, at the age of 96.

No comments: