Friday, September 8, 2006

Am I prepared?

As we await for Aricia's arrival, I am now beginning to feel the jitters. I know it sounds stupid since I'm already a mother and I should be more experienced than a new mother.

I have three worries now:-
1. Sensitivity towards Athena: As the whole family welcomes the new addition, we can't deny that a small girl will try her best to attract attention when she realise the spotlight is not on her now. Whether we are angry with her or not, we have to choose our words carefully. Making sure that we do not use negative words to compare her and her little sister.

2. Adaptation: In the initial few days and months, I will also need some adjustments (as it was 4 years since I last took care of a small baby), and will I be able to adjusts to it. Having to take care of Athena & Aricia. What happens if they both cry for me at the same time? I have no choice but to put a stop to Athena's daily lessons from me. Who benefits? - SHE!

3. Breastfeeding: I don't know if all those reading will help me. But then again, we need practical help also. All I can pray now is for a smooth breastfeeding experience and I get a helpful lactation consultant.

No comments: