Friday, January 9, 2009

Reorganizing

I organized one part of their room(again?!?!) seems like my whole life is finding a perfect environment to settle in - realise I never do.

This time round, I realised that the study table looks cluttered with all the books, although they were placed neatly. And hubby told me "throw away lah! (not realising what they were) keep so many rubbish." Hah! Look who's talking!! Who's still keeping the books; the "never will ever refer to again" lecture notes. I'll be glad to throw them away provided he don't complain me spending money in sending them for more enrichment classes.

For those who've been to our house, can see how cluttered their room is. With one cot; one single bed; in an odd-shaped room. So I've removed the stack up boxes with their toys and moved to the spare room and put this instead.

For the first time or maybe 2nd or maybe 3rd time, I really walked the whole of IKEA. Normally I do shortcuts. Did some measurements prior to leaving home to know how much of space I have to squeeze in a small cabinet. After the sms-es to M and S on their cabinets at home, I settled on this. Not what I saw in their place though coz' it either can't fit or it has restricted space inside.

Fixed it up and ta-da!!
1st shelf - some of Athena's school books (Books 1B), and some jotter books etc.. so easy retrieval for her when she do her own packing of schoolbag.
Next to it are some tools I need for coaching her. Her tons of assessment books & past year exam papers are still on her table.
2nd shelf - Additional tools for her (Rhyme House, Cubico and Fractions - both handmade)
3rd shelf - Mainly things for mei-mei. Her Speed-Reading books, Letterland stuffs etc... things to torture my child.






No comments: