Friday, January 9, 2009

Aricia'a Shichida class

Perhaps it's too early for me to comment on this class. Perhaps I should give it a few more tries afterall it's only the first day.

What can I say about this class? Very fast! Very noisy! Very .... I call it "cultural shock".

The children are noisy, standing on table, and one boy was so naughty he slapped the helper on the face twice. I'm shocked! I would have slapped him back if he's my son. Boy cry and then another cry - dunno for what. And then when a song comes on, the 3 of them stand on the table and they're not singing but.... making noise.
And FYI, the other 3 children are older than Aricia. Same year but they're the "early 2006 children". Aricia's the youngest, followed by Jeric (her classmate since they started Shichida)

So when I saw the noise, behaviour - I thought it's how the sensei leads the class. Correct? All the while we had gentle sensei's so our class are relatively subtle. Of course except for the beginning part where my girl would jump in/out of her seat; sit on table etc.. but at least when she's noisy, she aint as noisy as them.

One mother was telling me, the children have been like this all the while.. Huh? How did they learn?

No comments: