Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mumblings

As I am struggling to piece my new life, I get different view on how I should handle my children. And who's the other debater? My hubby!

Money
Yah, the thing they say that money is always an issue when it comes to relationship is true. Hubby and me fought over money, not over how much he gave me or he didn't give me .. but it was the money in Athena's piggybank.
She has a piggybank at mom's place which mom returned it back to her - nicely wrapped up and put it under our Christmas tree - since she won't stay overnight as often as before now.
Before I could count the coins inside, hubby took the liberty to help. Nice for him to help. He sorta 'bought over the coins' by issuing a cheque to her to bank in and we used the coins as her daily allowance.
I told her that she will put the excess money in her another piggybank. I'll give her $1.50 every day. Soon, (infact only 2 days later) I felt it's ridiculous to have coins deposited from Piggybank A to Piggybank B and then the cycle continues again, counting and depositing from A to B. Then it'll only make me do double job every time she has money in her piggybank. I took the initiative then to pack the different denominations up and "sell" it to the coffeeshop people. With that money, I put it back into her Allowance Piggy. So we don't have to handle so many coins, and should we run out of coins, we take the notes and put it in her Piggybank B and count the coins and put it in Allowance Piggy. So when I need to bank in $$, I have notes in her Piggybank B instead of counting over again.
One fine day, hubby came and wanted to take some small change realise there isn't any money in there. Took out the notes wanting to deposit into her account and mumbled about "what happen to all the $120 worth of $1 coins?!" He thought I took them?!?! I explained to him that the notes are her allowance and we will change it for her next time with her Piggybank B when the coins run out. Think we're talking about all the 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c - very bulky leh! Ask me to keep counting, I won't go cross- eye over this but I'll probably get crushed by the coins (ok, exaggerating...) "Then where are all the $1 coins?" Pointed out to him to show him the wrapped up 12 bundle and the remaining, I put $54 of $1 and $54 of 50c. Nagged at me for packing up everything. I explained that now I give her all the small change to let her learn how to count money. She needs more practice, we change from PiggyB. Then when she's confident, I'll give her $1 and 50c for her daily allowance, she'll come back with definitely less than $1.50 of small change. By then, I'll probably still need to change away with the coffeeshop people. But it'll mke my life easier.

Sleeping
Fight with me over money also buay gum-guan, must fight with me over sleeping time. I wasn't that gang-ho like one mummy who trained her girl to sleep early one month before school starts. I tried, she didn't listen so I do it the army-style.
Hubby say 10pm, I said 8pm.
Thursday night, told her to sleep. Tried to delay time. After all the naggings and threatening with cane she went into her room at 10, at 11.30pm she still wasn't asleep.
Then over the next few nights, the time got earlier and earlier. Hubby heard me nagging at her, chided me "sleep at 10pm, how to sleep early at 8am. Got 8 hours of sleep already what?! She wakes up at 6am what "
Mad mother gets aggitated at the slightest comment and started the whole nagging thing again (goash! I didn't know I could be that lor-soh),"10pm? Children are suppose to sleep early. Sleep early get up early. And you think 6am is sufficient? Provided she prove to me that she can finish everything fast, I'll let her wake up at 6am. And you think everyone's like you? Sleep the moment you hit the pillow?"
KZ came to my defence and said she wasn't even sleeping at 11.30pm still eyes open and talking to herself.
Gradually I proved to him I am correct and STOP ARGUING WITH ME!! Hee! Think I'm a submissive wife? No.. I'm not!

Who won the debate? Me!

Lazy
Brought down the Xmas decos and I'm so lazy to put up the CNY one. Anyway not like any one will come over to pai-nian right????? And it's the *ahem* year I've been recycling some CNY decos. Decos are nice with the glittery stuffs but I hate it too, it get stuck on my clothes; on the floor; on ..... practically everything. Argh!

8 comments:

Roslyn said...

HAHA! Me too! I brought out the CNY decorations when storing back the Xmas ones but too lazy to put them up. Dunno why. No festive mood this year.

Lily Ann said...

Like so ridiculous right? Every year is take down tree put up CNY decos. Then this year CNY is so close...Maybe in England, only the Chinese will put up so you'll feel deco will stand your house put from others. Here Chinese everywhere, dun put also nobody say anything.

Karmeleon said...

I m soooooooo going to do it....some day....

Lily Ann said...

Hi ladies,
I beat you all to it. Got my decos up on Friday. Yay!! But very minimum - hee!

Karmeleon said...

Chey....I did it on Wednesday already. *haha* Then now my MIL (who stays with me) has decided to add on to it. This is getting to become an "overload", but I've got to "tolerate", lor. *sigh* Previous years, I've never decorated my own house bc MIL would do it, and however cheena it was, I'd just tahan - as long as she's happy. But this year, I see she no do, so I do and then she want add on. *yucks!

Lily Ann said...

Never mind, red red very heng heng.

Karmeleon said...

I don't mind red lah, but its the style. Like she insisted on putting 1 vase, & 3 pots at my tiny entrance area, so i told her not to blame us when we are rushing in/out the house grabbing our keys n stuff - if anything happens to her pots/vase. High-traffic area. Die die must put so ALL the decor/flowers face the main door - even in the living room, the positioning must be such that outside can see when door open - even if that area has "no space", must make space for her decor. *haha*

Lily Ann said...

Guess no choice must listen to her.