Friday, January 23, 2009

Phew!

This week Ah-nia is not as teary... all because of bribery. I hope I don't give her the wrong message but I shall work on her 'too much emotions' slowly.
After a long long long time of coaxing which turned to almost 'want to explode' on my part - coz' I kept asking her the reason and I will try to work on it but she simply refuse to open her mouth. She finally did when KZ intervened. Her reason was "I am very tired."
Being very defensive and argumentative myself, I cited her reasons for tired is ridiculous. Coz' at 5pm every other day she is so wide awake and playing and she's unusually tired on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Nevertheless, I try to work out something.

Wednesday :
I gave her little work to do, and asked her to rest. She was still playing and I gave her a warning that she has no excuse to complain that she's tired later on. She continued her light playing and then we left the house.
I bought her something to bribe her - a Hello Kitty make up set from Watsons - and I will only give it to her if she didn't cry.
It worked! She went in to the classroom by herself.

Thursday :
I asked KZ to help me pack easy lunch for Athena so that I can let her eat in the car without any spillage (no soupy dish). So she spent the time eating in the car, didn't have the appetite to finish everything so I left it at that.
When I reached HHub, all I did was to feed Aricia her lunch, she refused to eat during the 1hr wait for Athena so I let her sleep.
Gave Athena light work to do (again), and then gave instructions for her to take a nap. If she choose to run around the school again playing (like what she did for 2 weeks), she has no excuse again later on for being tired coz' I'm giving her the chance to rest which I normally won't.
When I came out from the class, I saw one girl sprawled on 4 chairs in the main lobby area. Haha! Imagine, she'll be doing this throughout.
Asked her to rest in the car which she didn't. Choose to look at things outside .. buay tahan her.
Bought her her favourite bubble tea which I'll let her drink after her class "provided you don't cry" and showed her something else I bought for her.
She almost cried, and hugged on to me. Didn't want to go in but it's definitely not as bad as before.

I hope this method works!!


No comments: